Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Playstation championships on Monday

• 30-03-2001 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Havok College Playstation Championships, where repetitive strain is a battle scar.

Third level institutions to participate in the first intergalactic battle of thumbs

This day long event is open to all students in third level education and will take place Next Monday 2nd April in Shooters Bar on Parnell Street, Dublin 1.

Battle will be fought in four genres, soccer, car racing, extreme winter sports and martial arts on the latest machines. Plenty of spot prizes on the day and the winners will also go head to head with celebrities in the playoffs.

With over 120 screens, there will be plenty of game playing fun throughout the day for everyone, even those not interested in the full force vigour of competition. The day starts at 11.30 am and will continue into the late night with a live band and DJ.

Tickets for the event cost $5 and can be purchased through Student Unions or on the day at Shooters. All money raised will go to cancer charities.

Havok, a Dublin based company which develops physics technology for game developers is the main sponsor of the event.

For further information contact:

Michael Abrahamson, Chairperson DIT Playstation society.
    087-660 1808 president@bst.ditsu.ie

Paul Hayes, Havok
    paul.hayes@havok.com

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tickets for the event cost $5 and can be purchased through Student Unions or on the day at Shooters. All money raised will go to cancer charities.

$5 or £5 ?
    smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

m'learned friend is right, but I just cut'n'pasted from the press release. I'd imaginate £5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

could ya be a bit more specific with the games...

fifa or iss???
    gran turismo or ridge racer???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

If there playing Smackdown Two I'm there. I own that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Like I said: I just cut and pasted from the press release. I don't know what games will be played.

I notice they don't have Crash Bandicoot listed either. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement