Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

first tribes was amazing, second one was crap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, I included them in the Free Games sticky. I played the first one and thought it k-rad but by the time the second one came out I think I was still trying to decide between UT and Q3 or something. That and it was massively bug-ridden.

Ask Dustaz for more details, he's a Tribes whore. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Tribes 1 was ****ing brilliant. Tribes 2 killed the tribes board that used to be here(why I joined boards in the first place, actualy). Hopefully the games becomming free will rejuvanate the Tribes community again, tribes ruled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Tribes 2 was excellent .. once they fixed the bugs, worth getting both of them, I thought both were excellent (Tribes 2 was released when it wasn't actually finished)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Indeedie, Tribes2 once it was patched up was pretty good.

might look at putting a t2 classic server when these are released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I loved the original tribes back in "the day" but never played tribes 2 due to it's hatred of voodoo3's. I'm definetly giving this one a go when they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I dont care what people say Tribes1/2 rocks :D, and there is still a huge Tribes Community. I just noticed IOL have hosted a classic Tribes2 servy, so anyone up for a game :?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhmm i have a tribes 2 cd from when it originally came out. I cant stand that auto update program (due to it crashing on me too much) so where should i go to download the most up to date version of the game. (*sigh* i remember first seeing it when it came out at netbar with jag crashing those damn carrier jets everywhere *sigh*)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    Tribes 2 was excellent .. once they fixed the bugs, worth getting both of them, I thought both were excellent (Tribes 2 was released when it wasn't actually finished)
    possibly why HL2 is being delayed so much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Tribes is for slow, creaky old men. It should come with a free walking stick TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    uhmm i have a tribes 2 cd from when it originally came out. I cant stand that auto update program (due to it crashing on me too much) so where should i go to download the most up to date version of the game. (*sigh* i remember first seeing it when it came out at netbar with jag crashing those damn carrier jets everywhere *sigh*)

Hi, looking for the latest Tribes2 patch? Tribes 2 Patch 25034 (Windows) you will also need DefenseTurret Client (Windows) which is anti-cheat software similiar to Battlefield 1942's punkbuster. I also recommend that you get The Ladder Mappack and Euro2 map pack cause most servers are using those mappacks and they are not server-side maps.

Hope this will help you in your quest to play T2 vgcr!

Advertisement