Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-Gage 2

Options
  • 13-04-2004 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Lets hope its better than the first
    link off register

story

pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I prefer the design of the first one but functionally this looks better. No more "sidetalking" eh? I can see myself getting one of these, I miss my old N-Gage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I have an n-gage and there is no need to talk sideways on it because the person on the other end can hear u fine if you talk with it flat to ur face and you can hear easily if u have it sideways aswell, but if you enjoy looking like a spa be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ive got one of these: http://www.tapwave.com/
    Far nicer and more powerful than the N-Gage. 200MHz Arm MXI, 8MB ATI Imageon GFX, 128MB ram internal with two SD card slots, full analog controller, PalmOS (supports 19,000 applications), designed for video and games. Duke Nukem and DoomII are about to be released for it. There are even a ScummVM (to play Lucasarts adventure games, ie Monkey Island), GB (soon GBA) and Snes emulators for it. Still early days, so a bit slow, but improving.

Display is a big deal on a mobile device, the screen on the Zodiac is a 3.5" Transflective LCD, the screens on the NGage's are postage stamps. The button layout also isnt up to much on the NGage.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmm, the screen doesn't look much better than the original. Think I'll stick to my GP32 and GBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Ive got one of these: http://www.tapwave.com/
    Far nicer and more powerful than the N-Gage. 200MHz Arm MXI, 8MB ATI Imageon GFX, 128MB ram internal with two SD card slots, full analog controller, PalmOS (supports 19,000 applications), designed for video and games. Duke Nukem and DoomII are about to be released for it. There are even a ScummVM (to play Lucasarts adventure games, ie Monkey Island), GB (soon GBA) and Snes emulators for it. Still early days, so a bit slow, but improving.

Display is a big deal on a mobile device, the screen on the Zodiac is a 3.5" Transflective LCD, the screens on the NGage's are postage stamps. The button layout also isnt up to much on the NGage.

Matt

Thats not a phone tho is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by DRakE
    Thats not a phone tho is it?

God no... phones arent ready to be "integrated" IMO. Design and features change to quick to put all your eggs in one basket.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Well it's official. The new device is called the N-Gage QD. You can find more info here.

Bad news is that there is no integrated camera and they have removed the FM radio and MP3 support! They are going to sell it for $199 retail and $99 through mobile phone store deals.

I think I'll stick with my N-Gage version 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

taco.gif

tbh

Still a horrible thing.
    Phones and consoles should not be in the one device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Ya mono and lack of MP3 rules it out for me, pity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement