Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane has made his return - Request Somewhere to chat

Options
  • 13-04-2004 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Subject says it all - the biggest football story of the year needs to be discused somewhere. Can the Admins set somewhere temporary up??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What would be the point in closing the soccer board down then. Grin and bear it. Ecksor can you sort out the Keane thread on After Hours.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think these are special circumstances - only this topic will be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

everyone knows *the keane issue* - will have people for/against acting like muppets just like it was during the world cup...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nope if I am asked my opinion by the Admins I will give this idea a major thumbs down.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    everyone knows *the keane issue* - will have people for/against acting like muppets just like it was during the world cup...

Why not just ban the muppets then and let the rest of us discuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Woo Hoo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Subject says it all - the biggest football story of the year needs to be discused somewhere. Can the Admins set somewhere temporary up??

Forum Suggestion: Keane has made his return
    Public/Private: Public
    Duration: Until Soccer forum back.

:rolleyes:

Crap idea.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The problem isnt a handful or persistent muppets. Yes, they are there too but they arent the entire story. The problem is that some people, many of whom should know better, just feel its acceptible to act like soccer hooligans on that forum. Its not. This is making it clear.

The defence that "we're mad about football and cant control our language" is rubbish frankly... its just seen as acceptable to act like a lout when football is being discussed. Perhaps not having somewhere to discuss topics like Keane's return might make people appreciate what they have and treat it (and the mods) with a little more respect.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

I think its a bit of a gesture - he was pretty hurt by the "walked out on his country" jibes. It's only not so long ago he was talking about early retirement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

I only registered last week. I don't understand why there isn't a soccer board. If people are using bad language can they not be disusered and banned?

I used to use DCUs' redbrick but do not have access to it here in work. A friend in work recommended boards.ie and I have been very impressed by the setup and design of the site. However, if I can't post about football here then I will not be returning.

Keanes return is the biggest soccer story of the year, it seems very short-sighted not to make a board available to discuss this very emotive issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zedsDeadBaby

why not suggest another board to discuss it at here?
    All it will be anyway is -
    He's a prick.
    no he's not he's brilliant
    no he's not
    yes he is.
    oh no he's not.
    oh yes he is.
    McCarthy is a prick.
    Oh no he's not
    oh yes he is.

There you go.
    The whole future Roy Keane thread summed up for you.
    now you dont even need to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by DeVore
    Perhaps not having somewhere to discuss topics like Keane's return might make people appreciate what they have and treat it (and the mods) with a little more respect.

DeV.

Or perhaps it will simply piss off the people who make useful contributions daily across the boards.ie site. The people who don't spend all day in soccer bickering with other people, but who want somewhere to discuss big stories. And, lets face it, there isn't much bigger than this.

I have to say I am pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

NEWS/MEDIA!!!

it is news right?

(this didn't work with sport)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Does anybody else find this rather funny?
    Addicts :p

Also, Three thumbs up on the private soccer forum idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Take it to foot.ie lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by zedsDeadBaby
    All it will be anyway is -
    He's a prick.
    no he's not he's brilliant
    no he's not
    yes he is.
    oh no he's not.
    oh yes he is.
    McCarthy is a prick.
    Oh no he's not
    oh yes he is.
    The whole future Roy Keane thread summed up for you.

You deserve the Post of the Month for that one Z :D . /me would have taken at least 6 of those positions at different times to keep the mix going ....like.

Make soccer a 500 post AND 6 month membership special invitation in to post Board and wait till the season is over before bothering with it .

Utter gob****es like Ronaldo7 (and the rest of his nicks) normally get themselves banned in 2 months at the 200 post mark . Give them read access only.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Any sign of a resolution to this problem being found?? Me misses me soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Re-open soccer. Don't give a Keane forum a second thought.

i don't see what could possibly be so important about this overrated heffer. He is NOT and NEVER WAS one of the greatest players. He has heart, I'll give you that but in all fairness, Gascoigne was twice the player he ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Originally posted by Kold
    Re-open soccer. Don't give a Keane forum a second thought.

i don't see what could possibly be so important about this overrated heffer. He is NOT and NEVER WAS one of the greatest players. He has heart, I'll give you that but in all fairness, Gascoigne was twice the player he ever was.

Exactly! Which is why Gazza helped Spurs, Lazio etc to years of dominance in their respective leagues. Wait a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

helped to 3-4 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmm, seems that F/S has become the new soccer board. Thats a twist..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Kold
    Gascoigne was twice the player he ever was.

please don't ever mod the soccer forum if comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

news soccer board eh?

Why is JJ Okacha on the POTY shortlist?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by toffeeman
    news soccer board eh?

Why is JJ Okacha on the POTY shortlist?? :)

I know, and even Vieira? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Dum de dum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement