Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom introducing DSL excess charges?

Options
  • 13-04-2004 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

So, my Eircom phone bill for Jan/Feb finally arrives today (thanks to the postal strike) and I notice a little comment in the "Did you know" column on the righthand side of the bill. It reads as follows:

"Over the coming months, we will be putting in place a process to charge for downloads over and above the stated allowance on each of our Eircom Broadband products. Excess downloads will be charged on a per megabyte basis. We will contact each of our broadband customers directly prior to this charge coming into effect."

Anyone else noticed this? I know it's been talked about forever, but it sounds like maybe they're finally going to start enforcing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Back-dated too I have heard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Originally posted by thegills
    Back-dated too I have heard!!

Wasn't there a post a while back from someone boasting about going 30gb over their cap? OUCH!!! Hmm 3c per meg= €30 per gig = €900 per 30gig :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

A friend who recently got Home Starter checked his stats today, and found a little calculation showing his over-run for the month at €25.00 "which would be added to his account". Ouch!!

I am on Home Plus, and checked my stats. I'm over by 5 GB+, but no calculation. It's only a matter of time, so I'm cancelling as soon as possible. Thankfully, I'm out of the 12 months contract time, and have another connection I can upgrade.

But be aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The obvious solution is to cancel your a/c with €ircon, and go for IOLBB 16GB cap were you just get kicked off if you break the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

if they charge me, cancelling at that stage aint gonna help, boyo. and if i refuse to pay, byebye landline as well i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

I have cancelled Home Plus due to the likely threat of excess charges. Of course, I'll be sweating on the next bill in case they decide to get even.

Advertisement