Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For a laugh... top 5 players you know of...

• 13-04-2004 5:08pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, strictly for sh|ts and giggles...

Who do you rank in your top 5 players currently... not in order, just the top 5 players from boards you DONT want to see sit down to your left :)

Rules: Must be someone who posts on boards, cant nominate yourself, no particular order.

My list.... hmmmm.... this is actually a lot tougher then it sounded in my head...

Hyzepher... always convinced he has something.
    Luke "Huckleberry" La Fortezza.... he's a machine, simply cant read the guy.
    Davey Devil.... very intense player, not sure if he's going to fold, call or stab me.
    Muso... has an ungodly talent for pulling big hands out against me. I dunno if that counts as talent but I cant remember a single hand I've gone up against him and won.
    Mr Pudding... dangerous, thieving fnck! :)

Theres a few people who really seem to know their stuff but I havent had a chance to really play against... (like Spiritus)

There are another 10 players I could list too and the standard round these parts is fairly uniform but if there were 5 people I'd have banned from the Fitz... those would be my names :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by DeVore

Mr Pudding... dangerous, thieving fnck! :)

Well having played once on his left and once on his right, I preferred the left :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Evil Genius. Only joined boards to boast about winning the €20 the other night. Only kidding. This guy was for a long time on the final table the short stack. Probably 15 times lower that the leader at one stage. And still came back to beat him, An excellent showing. But when it's 2 V 1 with only 4 left check it out and dont knock me out LOL
    Davey Devil Stats speak for themselves. He has tickets for up to May or thereabouts since January. And also a WSOP ticket. Tight and Loose at the same time...
    Spiritus Only played with him once or twice but was impressed
    Lafortezza Leading boards.ie player in the business league, must be doing something right
    Mr Pudding Have been on his table once or twice and will not get drawn into a pot with him unless I have better than the NUTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

This is an interesting one. I haven't really been playing that long myself so most scare me, but here is my list in no particular order.

Luke. He beat me twice heads up.
    Hyzepher. He makes fun of me.
    Decker. I have no idea what he is at
    Muso. Sh*t how many times can you get aces?
    Dappergent. He can be very rude.

I am going to put a 6th:

Henbane. His poker doesn't worry me, I'm just scared he will get drunk and ass rape me.

For me though, I am still trying to get to grips with the whole thing. I'm still not sure what really makes a good player. The guys I listed are guys I think are pretty good. You will notice that my reasons, apart from Henbane, are pretty lame. That's 'cos I don't really know what to say or how explain it. I just think they are dangerous. I'm sure as my game evolves and my experience grows I will be able to lable them better.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Evil Genius

But when it's 2 V 1 with only 4 left check it out and dont knock me out LOL

Hehe, had to do it at that stage, you where 2nd in chips then. So the chance to get you out was too big to turn down.

As far as boards players, unforunatley i cant make the Fitz regularly due to work. Been there 3 times, so odds are i played some of you, just no idea who :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hyzepher: Most disciplined player I've seen, has his way of playing and sticks to it, and its a bloody good way of playing. He had a better average of finishes than me in the Business League, he's won a few home games. He shares my frustration with Fitz on thursdays, the sign of a genius.... or something.

Pudding:Only plays selected hands, they might be KK or they might be 74o, you have to pay to call, he likes his all-ins...
    Tight and aggressive but bluffs more than you'd think...I think :confused:
    Tough to get a read on him as well, doesn't give much away at all.

Alex/Decker: Bluffs a fair bit, from what I've seen he plays as the big stack pretty well, bullying the table but knowing when to back off and stay out of trouble. Limps in to quite a few flops for cheap, if he hits the flop he often slowplays, but he's no problems dropping a 2nd best hand.

Henbane:If he's drunk I've no idea what he's got, if he's sober I've no idea what he's got. I also fear the ass-raping that he offers on occasion.

<edit>
    Hyzepher's Ma

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

^^^^^
    | | | | | |

I thought being able to count was the sign of a good poker player?

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

well I've only played one home game, so my experience is a bit limited, but I've been at the same table as some of you in the fitz as well so here's my 5 so far ( I reserve the right to change judgement at any time!)

Alex/Decker: Has an air about him that makes you beleive he always has the cards.

Lafortezza: seems to always force you to invest more than you want to in a game

Hyzepher: cool, calm, collected, (chancing his arm!!!)

Spiritus: Another cool player, you want to be sure you have a hand before getting involved in a pot that he's in

quozl: He's knocked me out in a home game and at the fitz so he gets on the list until I manage to turn the tables!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by MrPudding
    I am going to put a 6th:

Henbane. His poker doesn't worry me, I'm just scared he will get drunk and ass rape me.
    Henbane:If he's drunk I've no idea what he's got, if he's sober I've no idea what he's got. I also fear the ass-raping that he offers on occasion.
    Don't that make me the scariest player to sit next to? Down and to the left, boys!

List, eh... in no particular order...

Musician - plays some damn consistent and smart poker. Haven't seen him play a bad hand yet.
    Lafortezza - has won far too much money in his brief career, or maybe he just talks about it more than anyone else.
    Spiritus - never call him unless you want to see all your chips in the pot.
    Hyzepher - been on the wrong end of too many of his hands. But then there was the Q8 incident.
    Decker - no fun being left in pot with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Spiritus: You can't be in a pot with him without something. You can't be on a draw. You can't put him on cards.

Lafortezza: I have no idea what he has. Ever. He has no fear either.

Hyzepher: Great discipline and concentration. Can't remember seeing him make a mistake.

Mr. Pudding: Is he bluffing? Fucked if I know. Fold.

Decker: Please lads, don't let him get a big stack. He'll only hit you with it.

*Subject to change*

Honourable mentions to Henbane and Muso, I don't think I've seen either play thier best game.

Advertisement