Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badger Vs Polar bear

• 13-04-2004 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Had to post this up funny funny sh&t.

A few years back I lived with a few guys that were obsessed with Badgers (the king of the Animal world). One of them used to have a little magazine he did up at work about badgers in all their glory. Anyways one time he emailed the BBC Wildlife programme about who would win ina fit between a badger and a Mongoose (a Mongoose being a ferret type animal that kills and eats snakes, so an all round nice guy). Anyways suffice to say he didnt get a response after repeated attempts.

I later started my own Badger appreciation webiste, which was later removed by my college (with hefty fine I may add) for reasons beyong my comprehension. Anyways a long story short it was my intention to post do the same IE email animal centres/widlife places/ vets basically anyone credible I could get a reponse from about what animals would win in a fight and why and post them on my website. Funnily whough I never got any reponses and was later closed down. Until now that is.

Got a reponse for the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History as to who would win in a fight between a Badger and a Polar bear. Classic.

Its a long email but it begins Dear XXXXX, in reponse blah blah blah.

The badger and the Polar bear would never be found in the same environment the badger but all the same if the two were found in the same environment (assuming the badger was a American badger, Taxidea taxus, commonly found in Urbanished areas throught North america). The polar bear with his superior:

1. Weight advantage
    2. Reach (I swear he spouted off a load of stats for average polar bear reach like a boxer).
    3. Claw size
    4. Grip
    5. Strength
    6. Size
    7. Teeth.

Would always win in a fight between a badger and a polar bear.

He then proceeded to cite the reasons why a polar bear and a badger would not normally fight even if they were found in the same environment (I do so love spending my time wasting other peoples!!!).

Gonna reply and ask him how many badgers would there need to be for the badger to win the fight, hahaha classy!!

On that note who do you think would win in fights between various animals. Lets start with a Shark and a lion !!! Yeah that's be messy.

P.s. dont start saying a shark isnt an animal or a lion can't swin lets just assume the animals would meet and have a Brawl!!! oh yeah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

How about a Badger and a Snake?

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEE SNAKEEEEEEEE its a snake.

That site always makes me laugh no matter how ****ty a day I've had!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Guess this should be in After Hours..

If it in water and it's a decent sized shark the lion has no chance (sharks having thick skin) - 2 million years ago there were sharks many times the size of Great White - no contest.

Crocs Vs. Sharks is a different matter - esp. with those big salt water crocs.

BTW: during WWI there was an encounter between a British submaine and some Turkish cavalry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

A granny and a midget !!! seriously....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tusky your scaring me now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

On that note who do you think would win in fights between various animals. Lets start with a Shark and a lion !!! Yeah that's be messy.

Well in the Interest of fairness in such a contest I propose a best of five rounds match. Two on land, Two in the water and one in a semi land water enviornment.......
    The contest can be judged on speed, skill and agression!
    OK MAY BE NOT!!! Sorry got a bit carried away there!!!

Who would win between Puff the magic Dragon and Shrek?
    HHHMMMMMMM!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

Originally posted by Snaga
    www.badgerbadgerbadger.com :)

lol thats the funnyest thing ive seen for a while!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yeah it is funny until you realise that it dosent stop.

Who would win in a fight a shoe or a sandal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

www.pubfight.com

no more need be said

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

An octopus and a bee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

what kind of shark?

in the life of pi theres a scene where the tiger takes on a shark, the tiger wins but then the shark was out of water. But put up a good fight.

How about a sloth & a Kowala bear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

badger(1 890 000 results) versus polar bear(1 270 000 results)

The winner is: badger

www.googlefight.com

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

VICTORY DANCE!

badger.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by Tusky

well it depends how good the granny is.
    if she gets right in there with a few swift kicks to the midgets head it could be over fairly quick

the midgets best bet would be to try and wind the granny in a flurry of belly punches

its a hard one to call tho
    :dunno:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Tusky
    Check the history forum - the romans were into that sort of thing ...

Advertisement