Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual C++ Runtime Errors with Creative MediaSource

Options
  • 13-04-2004 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

This started happening to me on Sunday night.
    Whenever I went to do a CDDB lookup I got a Visual C++ Runtime Error and MediaSource crashed.
    Now when I try to rip a cd with it, each track get to ~ 90% and fails.
    Is there a limit to the number of rips you can do? I thought maybe it was because of cd protection, but it's happening with all cds.

Anyone else experience this problem? It's pissing me off, and an uninstall/reinstall made no difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

dunno what your problem is

why not use eac instead, it has cddb lookup and can rip to any format you desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Had nothing but problems with Mediasource. Although, there has been an update to it recently available for download at the creative site that might sort your problems. I have been using Notmad explorer for managing my Zen and havent any problems with that. But that doesnt do any ripping so i use Audiograbber to rip the cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are they free programs?

MediaScource was working pretty much ok except for the random crash every now and then. Pain in the ass.
    I'm downloading the updates at the moment. I'll see if they make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Notmad explorer isnt, but all Audiograbber is. As is EAC.

You can get Notmad Explorer on a time demo type thing from here :

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/

Well worth having a look at.

Downloaded all the upgrades and it made no difference.
    Downloading AudioGrabber now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr.yebo

Makaveli wrote:
    This started happening to me on Sunday night.
    Whenever I went to do a CDDB lookup I got a Visual C++ Runtime Error and MediaSource crashed.
    Now when I try to rip a cd with it, each track get to ~ 90% and fails.
    Is there a limit to the number of rips you can do? I thought maybe it was because of cd protection, but it's happening with all cds.

Anyone else experience this problem? It's pissing me off, and an uninstall/reinstall made no difference.

I have the exactly same problem and i am in contact with Creative, but untill now they have only been giving me some non working solutions. I met the problem this weekend i was ripping my CD's and wanted to download 600 tracks to my portable zen, no problem, but when i wanted to rip a new CD, i could not get the cd info. I actually think there is some kind of limitation of questioning for cd info, but creative will just not tell it. I can see many people has problems with this issue, so why don't we just sent email to creative every day or hour untill they come up with a solution.

I got Notmad Explorer instead.
    Great program. MediaSource has been banished from my computer.
    MediaSource is buggy software, although it's not sorting out the problems of mediasource, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration if buy Notmad Explored.
    It's not expensive and the Redchair team are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Why not give iTunes a go, it's easy to use and it's free !!

ZEN

Advertisement