Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Computer on my desktop is hidden/Not present

Options
  • 13-04-2004 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Operating System : Windows XP professional.

How to get My Computer Icon on my desktop ?

1) When i right click on My computer (in the explorer) it only sends the short cut to the desktop , not the original one.

2) But say , when i save some file from the net and choose Desktop , My Computer Option is seen in that .

3) I am unable to see the My Computer on my desktop. Every time i have to go to explorer and then right click and set all the properties or go to control panel......

I hope reason might be silly but i tried to tinker with all possibilities (tweak UI etc)

cheers lads,
    RHN

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

go to the start menu
    right click my computer and select show on desktop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭redhat_newbie

Was using classic start menu , so didn't work
    switched to xp kind of menu , worked .........

Thanks for the help Tuxx
    Thanks a million
    RHN

When I switched back to Classic menu option , again My Computer Icon on the desktop dissappeared.........

Any solutions !

cheers,
    RHN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Right click desktop -> Properties -> Desktop tab -> Customise Desktop -> Tick the My Computer checkbox in Desktop icons.

Grant Job, Thanks a million !
    Thanks PiE and tuxx !

• Advertisement
Advertisement