Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Christchurch like?

Options
  • 13-04-2004 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

For renting an apartment in. Dunno - nice apartment, but the area looks a bit dodgy. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It wouldn't be the worst of places, often walked through it on my own at night without hassle, but its the same for anywhere, keep yourself to your self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I almost had the perfect apartment there (called it my Carlsberg apartment:( ) - It was right next to Jurys Inn but she ended up giving it to someone else, the biatch!!! If I had a choice to live anywhere in the city centre I'd pick Christchurch.

Though it does depend where.....some parts look dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think it can be quite mixed. You get a lot of through traffic and some individual parts are haunts for scumbags. However, access is excellent, no need for a taxi home after a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dglancy

Lived there on Patrick street about 3 years ago - never had any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Thanks guys...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dglancy

Mind you .. at night Patrick Street is a 'rat run' for the ambulances driving to St. James Hospital. It took a little while to get used to the sirens, but I was on a ground floor apartment (Burgh House) which was near a set of traffic lights - so that made it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm on church street, and i couldn't sleep the first week i was up there. Hospital and Fire Brigade to one side, police station the other. Always get some of those convoys as well going to the four courts. You get used to noise quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Lived there for about 6 months a few years ago. The apartment was great, built onto the side of Jurys, but we had a problem with a few dodgy characters following people through the main door into the lobby at night and urinating in the lift and so on. Apart from that it was a handy spot to live. A bit on the noisy side at night, as mentioned above, but you really do get used to it quickly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Be warned alot of junkies around that area as there are alot of dealers living in the apartments.

Nice lads as long as they get their fix.

Advertisement