Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xp 2500, what temp should it be at?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah vdimm is 2.8 i put vcore up to 1.8 though, temps haven't really changed al that much really.
    dont know anyone who could give me ram other than a friend but his is also pny and pc2700, was cheap in pc world so thats the reason i got it.
    must be my chip thats causing trouble cause i can run the pc stable at 200x10, 200x10.5 as it is now is working no probs but prime comes up with errors eventually

jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well memtest the ram at 200mhz anyway and see whats up

but if you can get stability at 10 and 10.5 and not 11 i would think that its the chips issue

as another point it should be also possible to increase teh voltage going through the chipset maybe up to 1.7v i.e the chipset voltage i don't know if this will help though as you can get the chipset stable at 200mhz but its worth a try. hows you temps? if you wanted you could try it up to 1.85v but i won't go much higher

data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok it looks like it might be a problem with the CPU but theres a few things you can try just before ......

What about lowering the FSB and upping the multiplier? It knocks out factors like Ram and chipset (motherboard) holding you back and is mainly focused on the CPU..... see what you can get up to with the same Vcore 1.8v or whatever . If your chip will go much higher then its most lightly your motherboard (my NF7 has different top FSB's with different multipliers) as the Ram has passed on 200mhz before.

The A7N8X doesent have the chipset voltage options and has to be dont manually from what i remember (havent been near the bios in ages). That would be handy to have - god love abits :) .

Been a few days. I lowered the fsb to 195, all seems to pretty stable so i decided to up the multiplier to 11 and well i got this far.
    will see how it gets on with prime and decided then what to leave it at.
    Anyway thanks to those who've made time to post above

jozi

Ok that didn't work!
    Them lock-ups cant be good for the pc!
    Prime didn't even last 2 second at 195x11 so back to stability at 195x10.5

jozi

• Advertisement
Advertisement