Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all u techno Loving freaks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thats some first post!

Thank god for broadband!

Welcome to boards.

Rabbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Awwwww drroooll! :)

Dizz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

How come sets aren't illegal to download? or are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Apt

Dont know. Its a bit of a gray area.

Copyright is the right to copy, and belongs to the copyright holder. In order for something to be copyrighted it has to satisfy three criteria: 1) originality, 2) fixation, and 3) nationality of creator/place of publication.

While the venue has a licence to broadcast in public copyrighted material, which they pay for, it does not extend to allowing further copying and distribution.

The gray area lies in the fact as to wether or not the live sets are copyrighted. In my own view the set is a completlly new creation brought about by the talent of the artist using the tracks as samples in a huge continous song. Its not fixed down so its not copyrighted.

Theres also a Fair use clause that allows for example the private, non-commercial taping of tv programs for latter viewing. This should extend to the recording of livesets broadcast on the internet that you cant go and see.

All this seems to support the one disclaimer I found on the web

"MP3 LIVESETS:
    The music files that are offered for download on this page are all live performances by international DJ`s, these performances do not file under international copyright laws. Therefore it is legal to offer this music files on a non-commercial basis. So please use these files for personal use only!

the distribution of livesets isnt illegal"

This is just my own thinking but livesets for non comercial use dont harm anybody financially. Most people dont buy this stuff on vinyl anyway and if not for the livesets most of us would not really have a clue who these DJs are and in turn there would be little demand for there records or to go to their gigs.

All in all not sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I allow links to be posted up to livesets - in my eyes they aren't illegal, as in some of them you can hear the crowd! so yea can't really rip a tune out of it!
    great site too Apt, and welcome to the board! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MarkT

In Comic bok guy fashion " Best post ever!" Top Man.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what about promo sets, Lenny?

afaik, the only label to do something about people distributing unreleased tunes/uncomissioned remixes etc via promo mixes, has been tidy trax.
    so as long as you're clear that its a promo mix & it doesn't have any tidy tunes, i guess its pretty much legal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

what an amazin site....im currently listenin to that Howells set from '02. its top notch...and the sound quality is perfect....all will be burned at the wknd...thats made my day!!!...also the Time Warp set from Sven Vath is class as is Hawtin in Paris.
    im glad its friday....im rarin to go...yeah yeah fcukin yeah!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

www.livesets.com and www.hardsignal.com are far better imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

Just shows that you live up to your screen name.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

That first link is excellent. Has anybody got anymore sites withs sets on - trance, hard house or more techno. Nice one : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

wicked mate! had that link ages ago but lost it, youre a superstar!

check this one out too: http://www.freeweb.hu/boxermp3/letoltesek.php#top

biggin up all hungarian and dutch cru!

some decent (and recent!) trance sets if that be ur bag!

http://www.tranceaddict.com/livesets.shtml

Very nice.

Globalbeatz
    More Tunes

Check them out!

C'mon peoples, share yer findings of live sets.

I'm impressed froggie! Nice collection there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Nicked this post from another forum, all the same.

here

and here

here also

plus here

not to forget here

and finally here!

Advertisement