Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OU Pricing

Options
  • 13-04-2004 10:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey:)
    Is the pricing on the Ou website for Ireland in euros or pounds?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Sterling!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just as I suspected,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think you will find they are in pounds sterling. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

hmmm yes exactly as it says:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It isn't cheap. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Well I think you might be entitled to a tax break if it is contributing to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well I think you might be entitled to a tax break if it is contributing to a degree.

Yup AFAIK OU courses can count for tax relief purposes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Probably only the 20% band? Seemingly, UK students have part of their fees subsidised, and that's why us Irish have to pay so much more to do an OU course. And the English moan about how hard-up they are!

I don't know about the band issue, probably worth checking it out anyway - better to be sure than miss out on some cash ;)

only certain courses are approved by the government for tax relief. I don't know what they are, but apparently that info can be got somewhere on the internet (I've tried, but can't find the page!)

• Advertisement

I think this might help

The way I read it any undergraduate course which counts towards the BA/BSc degree from the OU (which I think is all of them) should allow you to claim tax relief

Thanks, BuffyBot!

Advertisement