Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cannes festival.

• 14-04-2004 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

who gonna follow it?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

what a succesful thread!:D

well, cannes festival started.
    michael moore's movie "fahrenheit 9/11" got a standing ovation during 20 mn:eek:

if this film could be seen by american people before november, i predict a big impact for the next presidential election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

if this film could be seen by american people before november, i predict a big impact for the next presidential election.

Did you see it?

What do people think of the "hollywoodisation" of Cannes this year? A piece of fluff like Troy (enjoyable, but fluff nonetheless) taking centre stage ?

btw I'm not necessarily against this, I guess it's a way to bring more focus on Cannes after the relative washout of last year...

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

well, cannes festival is open to all of countries. i know that for commercial reasons US don't like to be in competition in cannes.
    sure last year was not a great "cru" of cannes festival, but this year seems to me that it will be special. first because the charism of the president of the jury (tarantino) and also the quality of films presented.

i haven't seen yet michael moore movie, but i heard the comment of journalists which think that this movie is the big boom of the festival until now.

Advertisement