Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems With Modem/router

• 14-04-2004 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help with a small problem I have with a new DSL modem/router I got.

I purchased a special offer from Marx Computers, it was a Synergy 21 modem/router.

I've had quite a few problems with it, incorrect documentaton, 2 pin power plugs and no adapter blah blah... Anyway sorted all that and still could not get it to dial up.

Discovered that this modem has an RJ45 connection that needs to go to the phone socket, very strange and of course no supplied cable in the box.. So I'm looking for some converter cables for RJ11 to RJ45, anyone know anywhere in town that does these? I have been to the usual suspects maplin, peats, ...

Anyone even hear of a cable like this?

This modem/router seems to be german.

Oh I rang Marx and they said that thy'd send me out a cable, but their out of stock, try them next week. But I'd like to get this sorted quickly.

Thanks

Pablo El Vagabundo ;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by pablo321
    Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help with a small problem I have with a new DSL modem/router I got.

I purchased a special offer from Marx Computers, it was a Synergy 21 modem/router.

I've had quite a few problems with it, incorrect documentaton, 2 pin power plugs and no adapter blah blah... Anyway sorted all that and still could not get it to dial up.
    Are you sure that the "Synergy 21" is a "modem"? A quick google search suggests that it's just a "broadband router", in other words, it doesn't have any DSL "smarts", and plugs in to an ethernet connection (from your dsl modem or cable modem or wireless modem). That's why it has an RJ45 port, and not an RJ11 port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

I'm sure its a router too, thats what the box and website both said. I made sure with marx before ordering too.

Latest ion this mysterious cable is that Marx are going to send it to me.. So it looks like I'll be up an running soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Pablo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by pablo321
    I'm sure its a router too, thats what the box and website both said. I made sure with marx before ordering too.
    I know it's a router. But the Synergy 21 S21196 is just a router - it's not a DSL modem. Synergy 21 has a range of routers, some of which are DSL modems, and some aren't. The lack of an RJ11 socket would be unusual on a DSL modem (unless they do things differently in Germany).

Advertisement