Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A For Sale Computer Games & Parts section?

Options
  • 14-04-2004 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this was suggested before but wouldnt it be easy to have a section in the for sale forums dedicated to computer games and parts? I would find it a lot easier to pick up stuff i want instead of going through concert ticket, motors etc.

just a thought!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good idea.... it worked well for Mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I believe the mods are considering breaking down the For Sale section into subsections already.
    Tis a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I dont see any need for it , considering most of the stuff on the FS board is PC games/parts, with a few concert tickets and bits and bobs thrown in. The forums are fragmented enough already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I think it would be a good idea. The for sale forum isn't a discussion forum. So being able to categorise would make finding what you want easier, and would mean posts wouldn't get thrown off the front page as fast leaving greater exposure to the people that may actually want to buy the stuff on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good stuff.
    there's far too much traffic for the fs forum to work effectively. posts get pushed onto the second page in a matter of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i like that idia, it would work well.
    Its all i look for besides DVDs at for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

thanks lads for supporting the idea. i just said i'd give it a go to see what sort of response i'd get. hopefully i could become a mod of the forum if it went through. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

yep....we in the process of sorting something out along these lines so watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

could you change the titles of the new forums so that there are spaces between the '/'es and '-'es, like 'Business / Finance / Economy'

problem at the moment is on the front page the forum titles dont wrap nicely in the latest post table thing.

rob

(p.s. good move, the boards will be able to grow a good deal larger with this now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Done.... your wish is our command....

Im closing this thread and opening a new FOR SALE - FEEDBACK thread to keep all suggestions - comments - fixes - bugs - together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement