Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GalwayLAN 10 (GLX) - Datecheck

• 14-04-2004 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

Submit some dates (with which days of the week they're on) which suit people.
    Please remember that although every suggestion is welcome, I'm limited by when the BOI/Aula are free over the summer, hence me starting this a little bit earlier than normal.
    I'm thinking late June, early July, as that's the time we normally have the summer LANs.
    ~60-70 people, sponsored prizes, a few dedicated servers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Afaik I'm good for all dates except the weekend of the 24th of july ..or is it june oh the stress of fas is getting to me.

I shall discuss organisation with syxpak while we cuddle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

not the 24th of july!
    thats meh burfdeh
    no way am i gonna be stuck in a room with a bunch of smelly nards on that day... i want to be surrounded by buxom beauties:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it'll be about 2 weeks earlier than that.
    a) because that's too close to the Arts festival and I won't be able to get the venue anyways.
    b) it's getting too close to the time of repeat exams for most people.
    c) it's after the LC/JC and college summer exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Have it 2/3 days after the Leavin Cert. Afaik it's over round 20-22nd so round the 24th of June??

that's a possibility :)

• Advertisement

no not the 24th ye can f right o if ye think the 24th!!!

Oh an tman am i not buxom enough for you GWAN GET THE MENTAL IMAGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Not in the first two weeks of July.

like I said, I'll try and accomodate, but with the Galway Arts Festival and The Races things could be tight.
    I'll try my best though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

How about one of the weekends in between when Drake comes home and tman's birthday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Syxpak just blurt out some random dates using your top-o'-the range date generator

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by SyxPak
    like I said, I'll try and accomodate, but with the Galway Arts Festival and The Races things could be tight.
    I'll try my best though.
    It is always something
    -- Fundamental Truth Number 7, RFC1925

There is little point in trying to accomodate people as there's always going to be someone's cousin's barmitzvah/Englebert Humperdink concert on at whatever day you choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Anytime after the 27th of june is fine. But it has to be AFTER the LC, thats my only critisism

Originally posted by quetzal
    How about one of the weekends in between when Drake comes home and tman's birthday?

You're still going?! Yay! \o/

Dont ye lot start again or ill anally rape you all ..........except number6 he has crabs and cooties

well the Wexford and english crowd are planning to fill up 2 cars and come down witch will be cool. If any of the qw people come (Giblet+Vinnit/mIXu/Gerry/Koopa/etc:>) and it's on when I'm home then I'm definately in I spose, if not then we'll see how gl politics goes over the next while..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ugh qw. Just let the game die please. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

we'll see how gl politics goes over the next
    while..............
    colmania1.jpg

Viva El Coleman

A shiny new donkey for whoever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Mariachi_Con_Cojones.jpg
    Mariachi Con Cojones

RE: Dates
    I know I can't please everyone Rob :)
    So I'll finally put a bit of stats to use and do a "line of best fit" for the date.

I'm going to get a bit militant wrt publicising it around Galway too :)
    But I'm going to put an age limit of 18 on the posters.
    Don't want every Timmothy, Fiachra and Xavier de Brun showing up and wrecking my head because they don't know which end of a CAT5 cable is "the right one".

If komplett get the dual socketA mobo back in I should have the server built by the end of the month.

• Advertisement

John you **** I almost exploded laughing at that pic I probably looked like a big sack of jelly jiggling trying to keep it in pld

I aim to please :)

I think Rez has a new avatar.

Also, Asok, isn't it illegal for your kind to play with Swastikas? :)

Who can really say whats legal these days like come on Conspiring to commit public nudity is not a crime!!!

Whilst browsing Mexican Wrasslers, I found Syxpak to be moonlighting again....

charles.jpg

lol there's just too much Syxpak-related spam in here now :>, tho pld to Robbo for the first pic, only now do I see the physical resemblance................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

well the Wexford and english crowd are planning to fill up 2 cars and come down witch will be cool. If any of the qw people come (Giblet+Vinnit/mIXu/Gerry/Koopa/etc:>) and it's on when I'm home then I'm definately in I spose, if not then we'll see how gl politics goes over the next while..............

The only time qw players have really come to a Galwaylan was when they were offered free entry and pc's provided.

Unless there is going to be a big crowd then im afraid they wont turn up.

ok,

any chance of dates that it cant be on.
    i.e Arts festiveal, Pixies Concert, Oxygen etc.

pff, computers or music, you people make me sick.

Vinnit was at gl8, he's probably 4th best in Ireland.......

sam quozl bunny have attended at one stage or another.

Right, I've narrowed it down:
    June 25th-27th

or

July 2nd-4th

That should avoid just about every LC exam (Unless you're doing one of those tiny subjects no-one else does) and is before the Pixies concert and Oxygen.

Now, it could well turn out that neither of those two dates are available, in which case it would get a little complicated.

• Advertisement

JUNE

JULY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by SyxPak
    sam quozl bunny have attended at one stage or another.

Yea but they recieved free accomm and free entry and not to mention free rental of pc's.

still a great lan though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

syxpka pls pick july dates as i've got hols end of june and i really dont want ti miss this Lan :(

Originally posted by Caliden
    syxpka pls pick july dates as i've got hols end of june and i really dont want ti miss this Lan :(

me too, only substitute July for June

• Advertisement

I'm in Spain from 15th-30th June

I wont be around the weekend of the 26th of june so any other dates are grand with me

Have it 15-30th June! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭KinSlayer

Add galwaylan 10 to room101.org twice
    galway lan 10 june
    galway lan 10 july

see who all signs up and go for the one with the most people you want

as a room101.org admin, I feel that would be irresponsible of me in the extreme.
    How's about I just post a poll here instead??

Again, I have to stress that even if a date is picked, chances are we may not be able to get the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Any date suites me for the time being as i'm still prety much jobless for the summer period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

july july . ive booked 2 much time off for the month of june as it is and one of my 160 gig drives died 2 days after gl so i lost all my linux iso's . :(

yes i didnt read any of this thread ive to go to work and its 2 long

Advertisement