Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mr Clutch - BMW 316

Options
  • 14-04-2004 11:06am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a quote of 340 inc VAT from Mr Clutch to supply and fit new 3 piece clutch to a '93 316..
    Certainly beats Murphy & Gunn @ 650 Euro, and would probably be a better option than a back streeter @250 (who was having laser surgery on his eye at the time.. blind clutch install! ;) )..

Anyone ever used Mr clutch? Any comments on that quote?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

this always makes me wonder:

Do some of these shops use recondition clutch kits ? I f not , how do we know?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Jesus.. thanks for making me wonder now too!!!!!!!!! :(

Is this Mr Cluch(or maybe mr gearbox) on richmond Road D3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pthagonal

they replaced a cluth in my g/f's punto a while back..

cheaper than anybody else and did a great job..

neat tidy, on time and nice guys to talk to.. they were esp nice to my g/f who doesnt have a clue about cars..

we were lucky as the puntos clutch is a bit of a pain, they can go at 30k or so, and if they go badly they can damage the whole clutch case.. bearings go and wreck the insides, and this costs a lot more to fix..

anyway u cant go wrong with mr clutch, nice to see honest guys in the biz..

ps i was quoted 850 from one garage to fix the punto, mr clutch was 300 or so..

regards

pthag

Jesus.. thanks for making me wonder now too!!!!!!!!!

Well. you have too at this price.

new clutch kit from most shops will be ~200yoyo's which leaves 140 for the guys.

but they can also recondition the clutch for 80E's and have 260

there is nothing wrong with it, once cutomer knows what they get

• Advertisement
Advertisement