Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ideas to a new world

• 14-04-2004 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hello and welcome to a presentation of my ideas

1). i think that if you sit on a chair and lift your feet of the ground and you are strong enough to lift yourself and the chair you should be able to fly.

2).no seriously now on to different matters.Well were should i start, first of all i will start with the meaning of chance. Chance is the possibility, the 50-50 chance that anything can happen til it actually does for instance if you flick up a coin there is a 50-50 chance that it could be heads or tails til it lands.

3).you know the way some people are happy and some people arent. well usually happy people are good and sad are bad and lets say that green is good and red is bad. lets also say that there is a group of greens with one red person in the group in time the group of greens will turn red or if the group is red and the singular is green the group will turn red. this may sound stupid to some people and confusing to others but trust me its true.

i love you all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Okaaaay...

I love you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by the savior
    Chance is the possibility, the 50-50 chance that anything can happen til it actually does for instance if you flick up a coin there is a 50-50 chance that it could be heads or tails til it lands.

Apparently a coin is slightly more likely to land on its 'heads' side, as that side is usually heavier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

to land with the heads side down that is . Only 4950 times out of a thousand will a coin land on heads ( facing up )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

what?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Big Ears
    to land with the heads side down that is . Only 4950 times out of a thousand will a coin land on heads ( facing up )
    I must get me one of these new thousands.

Metric are they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ozzy loves us all too and he talks less gibberish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper
    what?

What smoke-me-a-kipper said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Apparently a coin is slightly more likely to land on its 'heads' side, as that side is usually heavier.

no, the probabiliy of head landing is 0.50 and probability of tail landing is 0.5 = 1.00 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

1). i think that if you sit on a chair and lift your feet of the ground and you are strong enough to lift yourself and the chair you should be able to fly.

2).no seriously now on to different matters.Well were should i start, first of all i will start with the meaning of chance. Chance is the possibility, the 50-50 chance that anything can happen til it actually does for instance if you flick up a coin there is a 50-50 chance that it could be heads or tails til it lands.

3).you know the way some people are happy and some people arent. well usually happy people are good and sad are bad and lets say that green is good and red is bad. lets also say that there is a group of greens with one red person in the group in time the group of greens will turn red or if the group is red and the singular is green the group will turn red. this may sound stupid to some people and confusing to others but trust me its true.

i love you all

I'm sure there's some profound meaning to all that, but I'm too tired to try and comprehend it :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dsimpson

Saviour you ideas are crazy.....there are some other people with ideas just as similar on www.nitalk.com... maybe you should joust with them!! I have totally given up with them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dsimpson

sorry

www.nitalk.com

These people need to be told!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Placebo
    no, the probabiliy of head landing is 0.50 and probability of tail landing is 0.5 = 1.00 !

What if one day it lands on its edge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Then the universe as we know it will cease to exist, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

i love you all

1) What? Jump with the chair?

2) I've often said that. 50-50 change - it will or it won't happen. But then I studied probability in college and realised that other factors can sway the outcome.

3) I agree. If a happy person is surrounded by unhappy people, they will probably become unhappy too. For the "group of greens with one red" theory - I would say the one red ends up be excluded before it can bring the rest of them down. Generally though, there can be those who are a mix of red and green and can be sent either way depending on the strength of either colour.
    Originally posted by the
    Robbo

I must get me one of these new thousands.

Metric are they?

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 the savior

Originally posted by RobertFoster

WHAT STOP TWISTING MY WORDS I NEVER SAID JUMP YOU STUCK UP WANKER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Kalina
    What smoke-me-a-kipper said!
    What Kalina said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Chance is the possibility, the 50-50 chance that anything can happen til it actually does
    Just because the outcome is binary does not mean the probabilities are a 50-50 split.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Cranky little bugger, aren't we? Besides, somehow I doubt you're stronger than the pull of gravity, which is that little stumbling block in that ingenious plan of yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

i love you all

1) Well you could just put your hands on the side of the chair and lift your ass off it, and then you could just kind of jump and then you'd be lifting you chair off the ground. ;)

2)Well maybe the amount of metal on one side could differ the landing... like maybe the head on the coin uses more metal

3)That like one bad apple can change the others. And I guess it's easier to change a happy person to an unhappy person than it is to change an unhappy person to a happy person. Maybe it's harder to change an unhappy person because it's harder a state of mind to change from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

YOU SHOULD MAKED YOURSELF MORE CLEAR AND I'LL STOP TWISTING....ahem....

• Advertisement
Advertisement