Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW or Smackdown!

• 14-04-2004 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I was talking about this with my friends the other night. It always seems to be a major topic of conversation, and it changes from time to time, but in YOUR opinion what is the stronger show at the moment:

RAW or Smackdown!

Give your reasons too... ;)

Hanza

RAW or Smackdown! 28 votes

RAW
    0% 0 votes
    Smackdown!
    89% 25 votes
    Both are even stephens at the mo...
    10% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

This is going to be one-sided!

Smackdown has Bradshaw in a major feud, so nobody's going to vote for that. Raw it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I voted for SD.
    Up until WMXX I would have said RAW and altho I accept Exits point about Bradshaw but I think that story line is better than the storyline on RAW at present!
    HBK & Benoit are supposed to be facing each other at Backlash yet their all over each other! WTF?!??!?
    There have been numerous Face Vs Face matches over the years and there are very easy ways to build up to them.
    HBK being Benoits bitch is not one of them!

Just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Has to be Raw. The things I find really interesting about Raw now are Shelton, Foley, Orton, Evolution, Benoit, Jericho and Christian. Eddie and Cena are just about the only guys on SD that have got me interested at the moment, but Eddie's in a crap feud. SD could be better if they gave the cruiserweights a push. I'm not finding Booker's new angle very exciting either. Raw has got more potential too, with Edge and Matt among others, but potential isn't worth a cent unless it's fulfilled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

has to be raw, i believe smackdown over past 2 weeks has been awfull (never got to see them) and from what ive heard the brawshaw thing is terrible, i dont really like the new booker T angle and im not sure about Angle being the GM, Paul Heyman was great as a GM, I love whats happening on RAW atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Jeanie

Without question it has to be Raw. Smackdown has really gone off the boil recently, and at the risk of repeating everyone else, the Bradshaw feud really is pretty diabolical. Raw is fantastic, and has been for quite some time now and the return of Edge, who looks to be in great form, can only add to this. IMO, as Booker T said when he first moved to Smackdown, Raw is the top tier of the WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

RAW, SD has really lost it's way recently, JBL is no replacement for the PAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have to vote for RAW as well, just because foley is on rare form as always, that promo he did last week was just unbelieveable

Nobody in my opinion with the exception of Jake the Snake does a promo any better than Mick Foley

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I'd say raw too. but this leads me to a question about sky's scheduling..

RAW is on maybe only twice a week. About 9 or 10 on Friday night and maybe repeated again that night. Whereas Smackdown is on at least once on the Sports chanels and again on Sky One and Sky One Mix. So the people who didn't even pay for sports get to see Smackdown, but they don't see RAW.

Anyone else find this annoying?

I don't get your point? The people who don't pay for the sports channels get the 'inferior' show, and an edited one at that (is the late night one edited?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Doesn't bother me as I have Sky Sports anyway:D.

Strange thing was until the Royle Rumble SD was the better show but it's being going downhill steadily since then.

The SD show on SKY1/MIX is the edited version aimed at kids, the late showing on Sky Sports shows the violence (Chair shots etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Voted SD!! I dont get to see raw anymore,so thats why.

Problem with SD is,i watch it Saturday night at 12,on sky1. The night before ppv,they don't show it on sky1 at that time...or last saturday!!!

Originally posted by Exit
    I don't get your point? The people who don't pay for the sports channels get the 'inferior' show, and an edited one at that (is the late night one edited?).

Ok, it just pisses me off that crappy Smackdown is repeated all over the place, but RAW isn't. RAW is on the Friday night which many people spend in the pub thereby missin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Ok, it just pisses me off that crappy Smackdown is repeated all over the place, but RAW isn't. RAW is on the Friday night which many people spend in the pub thereby missin it

Ive found a video tape to be a great invention, if you dont got one u can buy one they are really cheap now.

If Smackdown got its act together and pushed the cruiserweights, give the right people the chances then I would say Smackdown, but it doesnt have any of them things so its gotta be Raw.

Smackdown has the better talent, but Raw just use theirs much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Originally posted by markomac316
    Ive found a video tape to be a great invention, if you dont got one u can buy one they are really cheap now.
    What are you on about?

He was talking about how he cant watch the shows cos he doesnt have the relivent channels. How can you record a show off a channel you dont have...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

By Magic!:D

Eh, don't want to get into this but he said Raw is on Friday night when people are in the pub. And the other guy said use a video. Makes sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Sorry then!

Must have missed that! Reading too many posts in work all at once gets KON-FUST-N! :)

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Again has to be RAW. Looking forward to Backlash :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Originally posted by Hanza
    Sorry then!

Must have missed that! Reading too many posts in work all at once gets KON-FUST-N! :)

Hanza

Apology accepted:P

Next time read better cause I started to think o **** i read the wrong thing oppps.

I don't actually have a video. I got rid of it when dvd's came out because coincidentally it started chewing up tapes then too.

And it still doesn't explain why Sky don't repeat RAW in the same way that they do with Smackdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

im still a sd man but if you get rid of brock, angle and benoit you dont have much left and bradshaw is pritty good at being a heel to be honest nobody seems to like him. and sd finished very well on saturday realy impressed me

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I must say that a while ago I was a big smackdown head but now it's raw all the way. I mean compare the main feuds. Its Benoit vs HBK vs HHH, or Bradshaw vs Eddie Guerrero. John Cena and Rey are the only reasons I watch it, The Big Show is awful to watch, I really do hope he is gone this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

prowrestlingscoops is reporting rey mysterio is taking an extended vacation due to dizziness hes been having lately, medical tests are being carried out to determine what the cause is

he has also been told by the writing team that at this time they have absolutely no plans for rey at this time

Sorta puts it in perpective the mess smackdown is in at the moment

source www.prowrestlingscoops.com

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Raw has improved ten fold over the past few months.

Its way better than smackdown at the moment.

Advertisement