Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dark side of the moon - wizard of oz sync

• 14-04-2004 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

just something i found a while ago but its quiet interesting

http://users.frii.com/davejen/floyd.htm

there was a dvd with the album set as the sound track and i just found a rip of it online
    the two go together very well but i think its all just a coincidence

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This should be in music or movies I guess. I've heard this one before but I thinks its 99% urban myth. If there is any corallation its just chance I'd say (that and the fact you can read almost anything into anything if prompted by someone else!).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

id love to see this in action. however if what has been said is true its too much of a conicidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

It's true, I've seen about 15 minutes of it, not got around to watching the rest. It's pretty damn cool, especialy the sync with the bells at the start of Time. Check it out if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

It works for 2001 a Space Odyssey and Pink Floyd - Echoes also

http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/synchronizations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I tried the Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon, it synced in certain places
    but I guess if you look hard enough you will see some linkage.
    Anyway the syncs may be related to what had been consumed beforehand! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Watched it today and it's quite weird, well some parts of it.

The bells being one of them.
    I'd say they done it on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I don't think that they could've done it on purpose. Back in '72 when Dark Side of the Moon was being made, there was pretty much no decent way of watching films privately, cheap VCRs and the like hadn't been brought into the market, so it probably wouldn't have been possible for Floyd to do it intentionaly. Unless they bought a cinema or something, which I suppose is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dsimpson

Come on...they've been reheating this **** for years and its getting really old
    now. I love Pink Floyd but....

Since the Roger left the band we've seen the following rehashes released:
    Delicate Sound of Thunder (and video)
    Shine On boxset
    Pulse (and video)
    Wall Live 1980-1981
    Syd Barret boxset (out of print?)
    Roger Waters - Wall Live in Berlin 1990
    Roger Waters - In the Flesh
    Echoes - the Best of Pink Floyd

Now to be fair, some of these releases have had some great moments. The
    Delicate Sound of Thunder's versions of Comfortably Numb and One of These Days
    crushes all earlier and later versions. The Wall 1980-1981 gave us a killer
    versions of Another Brick Part 1, What Shall We Do Now, Another Brick Part 3,
    and that creepy Wall theme-medly the Last Few Bricks. The Wall Live in Berlin
    was ....well it was for charity, right? Anyway you get my drift. How many
    times do we need to repurchase the same songs over and over again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I had it, and i watched it twice, and although there were moments where it synced, and you can go cool, it only happened a couple of times. It basically doesnt sync and you may as well throw on purple haze and go woah, look she singing the guitar.

on another note ever watch the sound of music to Decides - Serpents Of The Light, absolute class, At least I think it was Serpents Of The Light although it might have been legion. Either way its great for a laugh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've seen it, I think the only reason I noticed parts apparently synching was because I was looking for them. Had I just seen it without been told anything about it I'd say I wouldn't have noticed a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    I don't think that they could've done it on purpose. Back in '72 when Dark Side of the Moon was being made, there was pretty much no decent way of watching films privately, cheap VCRs and the like hadn't been brought into the market, so it probably wouldn't have been possible for Floyd to do it intentionaly. Unless they bought a cinema or something, which I suppose is possible.

You used to be able to rent films on film, and project them fairly simply if you had the gear. It wasn't that unusual and at that stage the Pink Floyd had plenty of funds behind them. So if they did want to get a copy of the film it would have been no problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

I think it's just coincidence myself but it's still kind of cool. You have to remember that the european version of the wizard of oz had bits cut out of it and this throws it off. A friend of mine got the dvd re release from the states and the new 5.1 dark side and put them together on DVD. Works well but I dont think they intended it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

this is weird. i got a book last week called "coincidences" or something. basically its full of stories of well.....coincidences. it actually isn't the may west and i've been struggling through it (cus i'm a fairly sceptical person).
    anyway just yesterday i was on a section and sure enough there was the story about pink floyd and oz. log onto boards and here it is. i'm not the least bit superstitious but just found that a little freaky

*eyes the book beside me with suspicous eyes*

*looks back to computer**

*looks back again quickly - thought it had moved.........*

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

A friend and I tried thsi a few months ago, we found that there wasn't much to the Oz- Dark side of the moon one but the last 20 or so minutes of 2001 matched pretty well with echoes. Give it a try.

Yeah since Roger Waters left there hasn;t really been anything fresh by the Floyd, (Some of Waters' solo stuff is excellent though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Ste-
    Watched it today and it's quite weird, well some parts of it.

The bells being one of them.
    I'd say they done it on purpose.

http://www.dudemasters.com/dsoz.html
    You can read the REAL story on my website. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Forget Wizard of Oz!

For a really nifty sync play Van Halens 'Jump' against the Speeder sequence from Return of the Jedi. Start the music at the point in the movie where Chewie sticks his head out from behind a tree (55m37s on the Special Edition PAL version I think?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i recall that being in family guy. Peter said that to someone who does movie stuff.

Advertisement