Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franz Ferdinand Support act??

• 14-04-2004 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whos supporting them if anyone?
    Their album is only 40 mins long so could be a short one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The Fiery Furnaces are supporting.

Franz also have an EP and two singles worth of B-Sides, I'd imagine they'll play some of that aswell.

Got my free passes yesterday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

just flew over to see them in glasgow on monday night, what an amazing gig! it was held in the qmu in glasgow uni, intimate and jam packed with fanz. their support acts were sons and daughters(excellent) and the fiery furnaces( not so excellent). got to meet all the band, when they dj'd after the gig, such down to earth blokes. this of course was is their opening night and home town gig, so here's hoping they put on a good show in dublin.

it was live on bbc radio 1 too,

listen to it hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Heres the setlist from that concert

'Jacqueline'
    'Tell Her Tonight'
    'Cheating On You'
    'Truck Stop'
    'Take Me Out'
    'Love And Destroy'
    'Matinee'
    'Van Tango'
    'Come On Home'
    'This Fire'
    '40ft'
    'Shopping For Blood'
    'Darts Of Pleasure'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Excellent to see "Shopping For Blood" and "Van Tango" in there. Should be a good night. I'm assuming there won't be any kind of DJing after it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sons and Daughters are also supporting;

www.sonsanddaughtersloveyou.co.uk

They play before The Fiery Furnaces;

www.thefieryfurnaces.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Sons and Daughters are supposed to be really good, haven't heard them though.
    Fiery Furnaces I have heard...oh well.

I remember seeing Interpol last August, with support from F.F. Not even a year, and they're massive. I know The Darkness were supposed to be the big winners this year, but what Franz Ferdinand did was amazingly impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Review. Sons and Daughters weren't very good at all. Everything they played was just below par and unimpressive, singers weren't great either.

The Fiery Furnaces, on the other hand, were excellent, better than Franz Ferdinand imo. Their music was culled from a variety of styles and most of the songs were layered by great organ playing. You all should check them out, definetly surprised me tonight.

Franz Ferdinand were a little dissapointing, don't think they're ready for the big stage just yet. Maybe it was because I saw them last August, or because I was sitting down, but they just didn't blow me away or anything like when they supported Interpol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Must admit I thought FF were excellent - much more polished and professional than I expected. Had 2 friends with me- 1 that had heard the album once and 1 not at all and they really enjoyed it.

Fiery Furnaces after starting well, turned out to be muck(guess its one persons opinion vs anothers)

Sons and daughters got the sound right for the last 2 songs - before that the vocals were too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What was with FF's drummer singing on "Dark Of The Matinee" and "Shopping For Blood"? Sounded terrible. Other than that I thought it was quite good. Didn't start out too well, but after "Take Me Out" it got much better. People were expecting a lot from them. It's probably not a good thing.

Didn't see either of the support acts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,089 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

eh? 2 support acts? - I only saw one. The one with the 2 organists and the woman with the crap haircut. They were total sh!t - either they were running all their songs together or they only had one very long song - either way it was load of aimless screechy nonsense.

Franz on the other hand were excellent - very tight and very funky with great stage presence - SUPER FANTASTICHE!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement