Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student

Options
  • 14-04-2004 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Hi all , I was hoping to go back to college in Cork (either UCC or CIT) as a mature student this coming Sept/Oct but noticed on the CAO website that even though the late applications date is the 1st of May , it differs for mature students on a by college basis.UCC being the 1st March and CIT being the 1st of Feb.

I can not afford to spend another year waiting.Is there any hope? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yeah a friend of mine is going back as a mature student this year to UCC. He had to have everything in by Feb and did the exam for it 2 weeks ago. It's worth a try, give UCC a ring or something but I really think you're too late for this year. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

OK , could I make a late application based on my Leaving Cert Results from 1992? Surely they still count?

Originally posted by carbsy
    OK , could I make a late application based on my Leaving Cert Results from 1992? Surely they still count?

Oh yes. Course you can. Think it's May 1st for late Application.

I'd still give UCC and CIT a call though if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

What course are you thinking of, Carbsy? Just out of interest.

My mind is up in a heap atm with all the options! I was originally wanting to do a degree in Electronic Engineering in CIT as a mature student.But seeing as I'm too late to apply as one , I will have to be accessed on my leaving cert results of 12 years ago.I only managed a D3 in higher level maths back then but this degree requires a min C3 so I don't know what I'm going to do now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Originally posted by carbsy
    I can not afford to spend another year waiting.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get in this year..I take it you've savings for college..another year means more savings,you can never have 2 much money in college! Especially when you're a magazine/junk food junkie like myself.

What difference is one more year going to make?

For personal reasons I can not wait until 2005 to go back to college so it looks like I'll just have to chance it on my 1992 leaving cert results! Thanks for the advice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Do give the colleges a ring and plead your case carbsy. Tey probably have a mature student office that at worst will tell you gently to pfo before sending you to admissions. And then again, they may be able to help. Worth a shot if that year is important to you.

Originally posted by sceptre
    Do give the colleges a ring and plead your case carbsy. Tey probably have a mature student office that at worst will tell you gently to pfo before sending you to admissions. And then again, they may be able to help. Worth a shot if that year is important to you.

I am doing sceptre , thanks.I'll let ye know how I get on. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement