Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16gb limit on IOL come into place now ?

• 14-04-2004 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

by that, i mean this month ?(april)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Had for me last month (March). Think it depended on your billing day - but since we dont ever get a bill I have no idea when mine is/was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hmmmm ok, well its pretty stupid the way we dont get bills, because they have charged me over 200 euros EXTRA ! and i told them that and they said they`ll knock off the extra 100 but since they charge for every two months the rest of the payments are in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

just out of interest, is this a Download or Transfer cap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

it's a transfer cap, but they should really be clearer with it

you can transfer 16GB in either direction without being cutoff, so you can have 15GB up and 15GB down without penalty.

However if you have 1GB up and 17GB down then your account will be suspended.

and afaik it's been in since the 8th march regardless of billing date, I know that last month i download about 12-13GB anyway and wasn't suspended..

Are you sure ?
    i thought it was 16gb up and down.

if( upload + download >= 16gb)
    {
    cutOff = true;
    }

//.. OR

if( upload > 16 gb || download > 16gb)
    {
    cutOff = true;
    }

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Not combined.

You get 15.9 upload and 15.9 download...

I know because my combined uploads and downloads for last month was well over 16gb. I had 14 GB downloaded and 8 uploaded.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Placebo
    Are you sure ?
    i thought it was 16gb up and down.
    This has been covered again and again. Go to the IOL download meter. Read what it says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How far has any one gone in breaking the cap?, last month I was being cautious until the very end of the month therefore I had 15.5GB with two days left before I decided to let rip. Unfortunately it seems as if the downloads I grabbed on the last day were all added to this month - even though I had disconnected before midnight - and for the last 2 days of the month the download measure didn't move; 15.5GB solid the whole time:confused:. So how far did ppl go last month?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

You were lucky if you could even connect for the last 2 days of last month! I had saved a bit of cap left and then was buggered for 2 days with crap connections! I wondered if it was a ploy to piss off all those who were going to go mad at the end of the month...

This has been covered again and again. Go to the IOL download meter. Read what it says.

This has been covered ONCE, thanks to my thread, when it was made clear to everyone when some one posted a jpeg of their download meter.
    Then i dont know wether it was done again.
    Now look at Iago`s post ! its not very clear is it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Plus this topic isnt even about the limit.

tsk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

Originally posted by Placebo
    hmmmm ok, well its pretty stupid the way we dont get bills, because they have charged me over 200 euros EXTRA ! and i told them that and they said they`ll knock off the extra 100 but since they charge for every two months the rest of the payments are in order.

Holy ****, you must be paying for my service.

I've not been billed in two months.
    On 3 occasions I've had to call them up and give them my credit card details again, and tell them to rebill that card next time, each time I got a latter a few weeks later saying account unpaid.

Their accounts dept are complete idiots.
    I stopped calling them eventually, haven't paid in two months now, and no sign of me getting cut off...

Advertisement