Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarantula sale!!

• 14-04-2004 12:51pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just for anyone interested,this place

http://www.bugsdirectuk.com/

has a sale on at the minute.Offering free delivery to Ireland plus some of their Tarantulas are going for £10.00 sterling.
    This is an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to get into the hobby to acquire your first Tarantula at really good prices.
    Ive just ordered 3 adult female taranatulas for a total of £30.00 incl delivery whereas each of these over here would be something like €50-€100 each depending on the species.
    Richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

imagine the amount of fools who are just going to buy one and have no idea how to look after the thing. Wouldnt it be advisable to stick a link or include something in your post that says, I dunno, the basic requirements to keep one? Lamps, tanks, whatever? Otherwise your just gonna get some idiot who thinks he's cool buying a tarantula and then it dies in his old doc marten shoebox.

Wont somebody think of the spiders!!!!!

...no, seriously though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Are they safe with other pets though? I'd be afraid one would escape.
    Do u have any other animals Richie?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres a care sheet for anyone whos worried.
    In it there are recommendations for different species for beginners.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88569

For example the 3 Ive ordered are all beginners species.And this is for 3 reasons
    1.I can handle them.
    2.If one ever got out they are slow movers so wont really go any further than the nearest dark corner.
    3.They arent poisonous--They "may" still bite if provoked but its no worse than a bee sting.

And yep I do have other pets,2 dogs,1 cat as well as my current 3 tarantulas and theres no bother with them as the cat and dogs arent allowed near the spiders.
    Richie

Advertisement