Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Combat

Options
  • 14-04-2004 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Is CavanCombat really needed anymore ?
    It seems to be empty pretty much the whole time now that everyone has moved to bfv.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It is empty a lot lately ok,DC still rocks so its a hard one to call.
    Myself and a few mates are thinking of starting a COD clan for fun and thers quite a few of us ,it would be sweet to play on a nice Irish server if ones going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Methinks theres already and Irish server so CoD:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wasent there like 4 CoD servers at one point?
    And wasent CoD just kinda like boring online as it was just a load of people running around shooting where ever they could with no actual objective? I prefer single player CoD myself. They should have made something more objective [like DoD/BF] for CoD multiplayer.

alas. There does seem to be a kind of slow peried at the moment with DC. Nothing much has been said so i'm assuming they are just hard at work. Hopefully it will pickup soon or they will make some sort of announcement on weather they are continuing to work on it or going to the new game they [Trauma] and DICE are working on. Sure we will have to wait.

At the moment maybe its worth putting the server to a second BFV one? Maybe just give it a twirl for a week and see how it goes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Winters m8,there are objective modes.
    Headquarters is top class,i play on servers with realism mod on them.
    Its not just running round when realism is on.
    Its a server side mod and no clients need to download.
    Also Heat of Battle mod is DOD for COD ,even some DOD maps have been converted.
    When a server is set up right with proper mode of play and realism on it is superb online.
    I play also on some servers which force players to have no crosshair and others with rifles only without crosshair so its ironsights only .
    I agree vanilla COD sucks, servers running vanilla game are not the most popular.
    A HQ server with realism mod is simply a joy to play imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Keep it.

DC is far superior to bfv in its current form. Ill be trying to get people on the server over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I say keep it too.

i havent been around much as I have been working pretty heavy hours lately but my preference when i do be back is cavan to navan :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

ok, it'll stay

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gimme notice, and I'll play on Cavan.

Apart from the fish :p, wot is COD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Call of duity ......Its the True follow up to Medel of honnor

We once had a guy call in because he turned his ISA card into a PCI card with a hacksaw.
    Seems that his system would no longer boot.

Wonder why???

No ****ing way! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Is not just DC server thats empty ... Vietnam server has been emtpy for long spells
    also ...kinda crap really have not got a chance to try it on line properly yet,,,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement