Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IEDR Website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Its not terrible either. I dont think they need to over compliate things with more images different layout etc.

As long as it does its function.

www.000domains.com not the best design but is fine
    www.godaddy.com nice design does the same thing... whats the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Sposs
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/testweb/

Doesnt look the best to be honest , just more cutting corners from the IEDR.
    More functional than the current sh1te design but looks like a work in progress rather than the finished article.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

No more frames -
    Better navigation
    Login on main page
    Direct link to most pages from main page
    Works fine on Mozilla

Of course it could be better.. you can say that about any website out there...

Ours could do with work... Jmcc's is hardly a model of design and I won't even start with Sposs...

It's a domain registry ... What do you want? Flashy designs that take forever to load?

Originally posted by blacknight
    It's a domain registry ... What do you want?
    Reasonable prices? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Billing system?

(Received another retail invoice today. :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Billing system?

(Received another retail invoice today. :rolleyes:)
    Ah but now you get to talk to all those wonderful people hired in place of a billing system. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by jmcc
    Reasonable prices? :)

Regards...jmcc
    LOL
    Hardly pertinent to a discussion of a new look website though.........

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Opera 7.1 screenshot attched!
    I think some text is missing :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

actually just looking @ the source:-
    <html>
    <title>IE Domain Registry Ltd</title>
    <head>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"&gt;
    <html>
    <head>

Anyone got a copy of HTML for dummies? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mike Fagan

Hi,
    Just to confirm (my phone didn't stop ringing last night) unfortunatelyI can't take any credit for this latest official or unofficial IEDR website - www.insideiedr.com. I was aware of much of the detail, plus a whole lot more, but in deference to Boards.ie very sensible Forum Rules my lips are sealed. But I will certainly be going along to the long overdue public meetings suggested by this latest activist grouping and, if asked nicely by responsible people acting in the best interests of .ie, I'll be happy to publicly sing like the proverbial canary.
    Regards,
    Mike.
    PS - That was a tad sloppy of the IEDR giving out the domain name insideiedr.ie (posted as the email address for www.insideiedr.com), they really must be desperate for some window-dressing stats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mike Fagan

Hi,
    Following some good advice only received which suggested that I could be accused of burying my last disclaimer (about the potentially explosive new IEDR website of www.insideiedr.ie) under a boring old thread, I refer anyone who might conceivable have a jot of interest in the same old IEDR reruns of shenannigans and machinations to my thread of earlier this morning under the subject matter of New IEDR Website. My thanks to Boards.ie for permitting me to publish this seemingly important clarification.
    Mike Fagan
    (Gratefully) Former IEDR CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Sposs
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/testweb/

Doesnt look the best to be honest , just more cutting corners from the IEDR.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /testweb/ on this server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It's no longer on the test server http://www.domainregistry.ie

Advertisement