Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help configuring dlink 300G+ with 3COM Office Connect

• 14-04-2004 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Im having a problem getting these two working together. I have both configured and can access the net with just the modem connected to the PC. Problem starts when I connect the modem to the gateway. The 300G has a built in DHCP server so I use Dynamic IP in config for the gateway. It seems to be receiving an address from the modem because I have to use the discovery app 3Com provide to connect to the gatewat everytime I restart but i cant connect to the net. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

You need to make sure the the 3com's internal IP range does not conflict with the 300G+. The 300G+ uses the 192.168.0.xxx range, so I would recommend using the 10.0.0.xxx range on the 3com and let it serve out these IP's to your pc's.

This is based on my experience of connecting up a 300G+ and a D-link 614.

Ronan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Right well its working now. I enabled the gateways DHCP server despite the modem already having one built in just out of curiosity and it seems to have worked. It might possibly have been a MAC address issue. The 300G+ only recognises one MAC address so I cloned the PC's address to the gateway.

Whatever it was its fixed now :). Now all I have to do is recrimp my crossover cables :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

The 300G+ only recognises one MAC address so I cloned the PC's address to the gateway.
    yeah, i always found that to be a pain in the tits, but it's good for apps which wat a fully bridged connection.

t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Things were working fine for awhile but ive noticed now if the modem loses power then I need to enable and disable the lan connection to connect to the net again. Looks to me like its a problem with the DNS address having changed and the router not updating it. Probably because the routers DHCP is enabled. Is there anyway to fix this?

Just in case:

The modem is using 192.168.0.xxx

And I have the router serving out 10.0.0.xxx ips

Advertisement