Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So fed up with my course...

Options
  • 14-04-2004 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Kinda realising now exactly how much i dislike large chunks of my course. I'm 2nd mathematical science in UCD, so doing maths, maths physics and stats. I cant stand stats, group theory and the mechanics sections of maths physics. I've been looking at the exam papers and i can do very little from them in any subject. I'm also thinking what the hell is this course going to lead on to? If i pass my exams (need to get 55 in 2 subjects and 50 in the 3rd) im not sure i want to stick with this because i still have to do 2 stats courses next year. If i dont pass the exams, and have to repeat 2nd year, then id like to do computer science, which i did in 1st year and i really regret not being able to keep up this year (evil denominated entry... thought stats wouldnt be too bad but then MP turned evil...). What i'd really like to have been able to do is joint hons in maths and computer science, but i'll have to repeat 2nd year (looking like a real possibility, got my stats CA mark back-39%) to do that.
    </rant>

What id like to ask is:
    CS in UCD?
    Joint CS/maths?
    1 subject repeat fees in UCD science?
    Joint honours: do i have to qualify for both at the same sitting?

Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

talk to your tutor - they will know more than most people on boards.
    and don't give up hope. you may do a lot better in your exams than you expect.

Advertisement