Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gamepad for pc?

Options
  • 14-04-2004 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Im looking for something that will be good with football games like pes3 and winning eleven 7. Also that will be decent for driving games like colin mc rae. Any sugestions ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best thing to do is get a PS dualshock and a usb convertor for the dual shock. It's by far the best option. Be careful with what convertor you get since some have very bad lag between button presses. Discostu knows more about this than me and where to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Thanks, i might have to invest in a ps2 gamepad so.....DiscoStu do you have any recommendations about adaptors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

saitek p880 is good

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Is the PS2 to PC converter play.com sells any good?

http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=stts1&page=title&r=PC&title=114167

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

it does what it says on the tin

• Advertisement

yeah has anyone bought that play.com converter, and is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

I might sell the Play.com PS2-USB one which I bought from them recently. I used it once on Tony Hawks 4 and then realised I didn't like playing Tony Hawks on the PC!

So it's as new, in it's box and will sell it if anyone gives me a decent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i bought the play one for multiplayer PES3 when mates come round.. other wise i use the one i bought out of peats for €20..

not really used the play one myself but the one out of peats i can highly recommend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,800 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The saitek P880 is the best pad I have used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i'll give you 6euro chabsey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I haven't had any grief with the logitech gamepads I've had over the years.
    Currently have 2 usb[both with dual analog and one with vibration] and 2 gameport.

solid build. highly recommended. logitech wingman rumblepad && logitech dual action pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've the logitech wireless wingman and it's not too bad. cost €40 or €50, but it's pretty pointless for me as I don't play that many games the need a joypad...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i got this , works out at €14.50 inc. shipping, work perfectly, takes n64 or ps2 controller.

ShevY.

Chabsy ill give u 7 euro for the converter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭M@lice

if you had two converters could you have 4 players simultaneously? now that wud be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lads if you want to buy or sell stuff can you do it in the Classified section?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd recommend the play.com PS2-USB converter, bought it recently along with a PS2 controller just for Pro Evo3 (me mates all have PS2's so I figured I'd be better off getting used to the PS2 controller). I find it great, quite responsive with no lag what-so-ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I want two rugged USB game pads that will let me play my games under Linux. I assume with these converters (the better ones at least) that they show up as HIDs and game controllers?
    Do all the buttons on say the DualShocks work?
    The analogue sticks?
    I don't care about force-feedback, but response-time is crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah they do show ups as HIDs/game controllers and all of the buttons work perfectly well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Yeah I'll put a ad in the 'for sale' section for the converter. Keep an eye out over there, I've no time now but I'll add it later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement