Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy & Sell Phone Scam Warning.

Options
  • 14-04-2004 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

I just almost got scammed via buy and sell.

There is a girl calling herself "Tia" (also goes by "Mary") phoning buy and sell phones for sale trying to con you into thinking she wants to swap her phone for yours, DO NOT TRUST HER!

The address she gives in in Claremorris in Co.Mayo, had it not been for a nice guy in waterford this B**** woulda had me hook line an sinker (an thats not easy).

Somthing told me that she *might* have been suss, but i doubted my instinct.
    Luckilly, I got another offer from a guy in waterford, offering a swap, which unfortunately I cant do coz of the distance involved. But he told me he had been scammed by her too in the past! He even confirmed her name and location!

Close Call :)

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zedsDeadBaby

how is she scamming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

from what Iv been told, what she does is try to convince u that she is putting her phone in the post to get to you if you do the same. Normally i would have said "yeah right" but she is VERY convincing, sounds like such a nice harmless woman.

apparently she pulls this scam with everyone, and is well known for it, promising postal orders etc that never show up.

I know ur gonna say that anyone that falls for it must be an idiot, and i woulda said the same had i not spoken to her myself, this woman is a expert.

B

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

report her to the Gardai, you have her address dont you?

they might sting her with some 'stolen' goods.

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

She's back!!!!

I have a number.

If anybody wants it send me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

just post it up and let us abuse her

• Advertisement

LOL

Believe me, I'd love to, but legalities and stuff!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

did she try it on with u m8?
    just 4 comedy valu, whatdya say to her? lol
    was she tia or mary this time? :)

b

I didnt even get the name but she gave the same old story about how she would send payment and ring me with the registration number after registering the payment and then I could post the phone.

I went along with it for a while and then said, but hold on....did u say u are in mayo?.....yeah.....in claremorris????........yeah........ahhhhh!!!!.....well then i cant sell u the phone!!!!..........LOL.........WHY????.........Because I know about you and your scam along with half the ****in country!!! And now I have ANOTHER number to pass on to the guards for you........OK..BYE......Beep...beep....beep....................????

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement