Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Players and Software

Options
  • 14-04-2004 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi there. I'm thinking of getting an MP3 player like an IPOD or Zen or whatever :P

I just have one question. I've read that the players use software in order to transfer songs from the PC to player.

Is it possible to transfer files without installing software onto the PCs?

There a ton of music files on my work server but I doubt I'ld be able to convice the admin to let me install anything.

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

The iPod needs iTunes to work. You can download a free version of it from www.apple.com.
    If you have all of your music as MP3's already then 99% of the work is done for you. You just import them all into iTunes (sort them out into artist, album, etc) and then drag and drop them onto the iPod. It takes about 5 seconds to send an album of mp3's to the iPod.

Don't know about the Zen but prolly something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

try something like this
    http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/components/specsheets/MP3playersApril2004.htm
    its an mp3/wma player but requires no software...just plug into a usb slot and use just like a memory stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the iriver ihp 120/140 doesn't need any software just drag and drop

Advertisement