Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering webspace and email on IOL BB

• 14-04-2004 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Since IOL's website checks if you're connected using an IOL service when trying to register @iol.ie email and free webspace, and doesnt account for users on BB,

I cant reg either of them.

Anyone else have this problem or figure out a way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i registered with my old connection, dunno what it was, netsmart or something and i still have it.

its free isnt it ?
    or are they charging me for this !? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

well yeah, its free.

I registered an email address a couple years ago with my old IOL NO LIMITS connection but I want to reg webspace now,

which I cant,
    since I'm using an IOL BB connection...

Not much activity on this board is there...?

Maybe I'd better go ask somewherehere !

PS - OFF TOPIC COMMENT - Welcome back Roy Keane Ya Legend!!

*bump*

Can no-one help on this?

Do I really have to call tech sup and wait on hold for 40 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 robroy

As I understand it , everyone has the problem.
    This seems to be their standard. I gave up trying months ago to use their automated services for either email addresses or getting web space. In October to December last year everyone who commented on this bulletin board just gave up and rang the phone line. I keep trying every few weeks out of interest but am currently using just the mail addresses I had set up under NoLimits. It seems very strange that their new premium BB service is the poor relation when it comes to internet based service.
    I am beginning to suspect that there must be a technical reason such as identifying the source. Caller Id worked just fine for NoLimits. Maybe that service is not available for them under BB.
    I mailed them a few times but do not feel inclined to waste my time and phone bill registering by phone. No reply to my email. I do recall complaining to their customer service desk who said I had to phone to register.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

if you just ring the tech suport line, they will sort it out for you, dont know why you cant set it up, but they can do it for u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

how much webspace is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭fiacha

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    how much webspace is it?

100 MB.

Advertisement