Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opera annoyance

Options
  • 14-04-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

i have this issue with opera where i'd be typing a reply to a post on boards, mid reply i could go off to get a url or something and when i come back to the reply page opera suddenly decides its a great idea to refresh the page and i loose what i've typed.

IE doesn't do this, anyone know what i have to do to fix it?

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It may be doing a "refresh on resize". Very annoying. Afaik it can be turned off in the options though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm i don't typically resize windows in opera, usually they are just tabbed on the top, i took a look through the options/prefernces stuff but i can't see anything undoubtedly its staring me in the face though

data

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You sure you don't have boards set to automatically refresh every x minutes?

i could do, where do i fix that?

if i leave a page on its own it stays up for ever i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i get the same thing with opera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Here's a possibility. Check out Navigation > Reload Every and either make sure Enable is unticked ot set it to a nice high length of time

cheers sceptre that could be it alright

data

Advertisement