Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fun House!

• 14-04-2004 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭

...#It's a whole lotta fun with prizes to be won,
    it's a real wacky show where anything can go!#

Just saw Pat Sharp - who used to present Fun House - on that E4 thing. Always thought, and indeed I still do think he's cool ww) Always ran home from school like a mad yoke to watch it :D T'was deadly!

Anyone else remember it?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yeah, I remember it well. The four things I remember most about it are:

1: Pat Sharpe's mullet! - that had to have been the MOTHER of all mullets, wasn't it? :D And he still had it about 7 years after mullets went out of fashion; he refused to get rid of it. I'll never forget when he did, it was like a national disaster in England. I even think there was a campaign in The Star or one of those tabloids in the UK to try and get Pat to keep his mullet and not get it cut! Seeing him after he got it cut, and lately on 'The Games', just doesn't seem right. I mean, come on, Pat Sharpe and the mullet go together like Laurel & Hardy, strawberries and cream, thunder and lightning, Homer and Marge. Pat, GROW BACK YOUR MULLET! Give the public what they want! :D

2: The go-kart race - the best part of the show, in my opinion. I think everybody that watched wanted to have a go on the go-karts. The thing is, though, they were so bloody slow. What they really should have had were proper, racing 250 c.c. Superkarts that do over 100 m.p.h. Now that would have made things a whole lot more interesting! :D

3: The two blonde cheerleading twins - OOOOOOOH BABY! Were they hot or were they f**king HOT! Melanie and Martina were their names, I think, or something like that. Just as with the go-karts, I think every male viewer of the show wanted to have a go on those two! :D

4: and finally, the Fun House itself - I loved in the later series when they used to attach a mini camera to the helmet of one of the contestants so you could get a view of what it was like going through the Fun House from their point of view. And weren't the prizes bloody brilliant! T.V.'s, bikes, stereos, C.D.'s, even holidays to places like Disneyworld. I think 'Fun House' had some of the best prices we've ever seen on a children's television programme.

I remember going on holiday to Kerry almost 10 years ago now and going to a place in Tralee called Jungle Jims, I think it was called. It had a play area for kids that reminded me of 'Fun House' as soon as we walked in. My little brother went playing in there, as did my younger sister (who really was old enough at that stage to have known better!) while I went into the ajoining arcade to blow all my money on Sega Rally. Though, I'll admit now, at one point I did look at the 'Fun House'-style play area and was severely tempted to take a dive into the ball pool. Common sense prevailed, though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Ah I remmber it well!

The twins, the go-karts! and of course the mullet! essential Friday afternoon viewing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

he used to present that "Ronnie the Runner" shee-ite as well where the 'mute' gimp had to get the caller's requested vid from the library back to Sharp in 20 seconds or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by brocklanders
    he used to present that "Ronnie the Runner" shee-ite as well where the 'mute' gimp had to get the caller's requested vid from the library back to Sharp in 20 seconds or something.
    Urgh, now there's a deeply repressed memory... "RUN RONNY RUN" ... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5
    eurgh

PS. Thanks a lot, now I've got the FunHouse theme song stuck in my head... won't be sleeping tonight :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahhh the memories...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah fun house....

/me shudders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmmm, I was muchly jealous of the Fun House prizes :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gah! As soon as I saw the name the theme tune started up in my head. Now it's cycling around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mmm, twin cheerleaders...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

does the theme tune sound a little like a love fist song from vice city? cos i tried to sing the funhouse song and ended up singing love fist instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Urgh, now there's a deeply repressed memory... "RUN RONNY RUN" ... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5
    eurgh

The Great Video Race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by weemcd
    does the theme tune sound a little like a love fist song from vice city?
    Huh, thought I was the only one who noticed that :D
    Yeah it does a bit, the same notes slightly shuffled.
    But beware, the Fun House theme tune is extremely hard to stop playing in your head, better to stick with the Love Fist song :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I don't remember the song but I do remember I loved the show. The prizes, the go cart, the twins, the games, the house, the lot. Strangely I'd forgotten it'd even existed till now. When I clicked on the thread title, all I was thinking was someone mistyped Full House :o God Fun House was a great show though, I'd be running home meself to try and catch, and squeezing anyone in the room out to try and make sure I saw it. I didn't even mind missing the show so much, I just wanted to see the go cart race most of the time.

Advertisement