Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Figaro

Options
  • 14-04-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

What do you think of this.
    Its bassed on 91 micra.
    20,000 made.
    Around 8000 euros :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The pic takes a while to load but worth it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Looks nicer than the current micra model anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

well thats not exactly difficult to do in all fairness :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Isnt there a light blue one of those driving around dublin, around the
    Rathmines/Ranelagh/Baggot St area.. some girl driving it and it does look cool I have
    to say...

When I first say it I though it was an italian car or something as it kinda has the
    styling of the old Italian coupe/convertibles...

Nice looking little car I have to say.. :)

Tox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Price is crazy and the colours are mank, but cool car nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

Im sure one of the Jap importers could import you one specially, Very unique indeed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

is cool car but not for 8000.

I found one i US their were asking 21000

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

The starting price on these on the auctions in japan seems to be 500 -> 1000 you could import one yourself fora lot less.

There was one in merlin car auctions it sold for 5800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Isnt there a light blue one of those driving around dublin, around the
    Rathmines/Ranelagh/Baggot St area..

Yeah have seen that one around for years. I think there is another one around Dublin, can't remember colour or anything

My opinion of it: very different, fashion statement, but only for the young ladies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Nice little car, very retro looking but the silly money you'd be paying would be for its rareness. Rareness is good in 1 way but bad in another i.e. when something goes wrong with it you'll have a hard time getting parts! Like another guy said, try and import your own 1 but with the current conversion rate I don't know how much you'd save. I think there were new rules passed as well regarding Japanese imports into the EU, at least they were in the UK. Basically it requires a report that states that every part on the car is OEM and not modified in any way. These reports cost about 1kstg in the UK which will put some ppl off importing cars.

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

There is a few of them around dublin ive seen a white 1 in raheny and a blue one in howth i know ive seen others around too Ther was one for sale for around 2k a year or so ago in the buy andsell if i remeber correctly apparently use the compound charged nissan micra engine could be wrong on that but its what ive been told oh and compound charged is is both super and turbo charging an engine
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

christ you'd look like a spanner driving a thing like that

Parts are easily found its a micra engine with a turbo straped on.
    Its very fast turbo cuts in a 2500-3000 rpm.
    Tommy its about style and driving a retro looking car thats probaly better spec'ed than your car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Originally posted by knife_fighter
    Parts are easily found its a micra engine with a turbo straped on.
    Its very fast turbo cuts in a 2500-3000 rpm.
    Tommy its about style and driving a retro looking car thats probaly better spec'ed than your car:D

Its very unlikly standard 1L micra parts were used in a Figero. There is alot of extra stress put on componants in a turbo car . The gearbox I know for a fact is not a standard Micra Box. I have read on other site's about people actualy modding 1L micra box's with Blubird internals.

Wouldn't go near 1 with a bargepole myself. It would be near on , if not imposible to get parts for it. Myself and a friend very nearly bought a '91 Micra Super Turbo a month or so back.

A figero is from what I understand basicly the same car underneath. The Micra super turbo had both a supercharger and a turbocharger thus eliminating most of the turbos 'Lag'. I have seen the engine bay of a figero and the engine is the same bar the top mounted intercooler.

The micra had a few things wrong with it that we thought would be able to sort but to source any of the mechanical parts for these cars is an absolute joke. People in both Jap dealers and Jap part retailers actualy laughed at us when we mentioned the parts we needed for the car.

As for the cash they're looking for them that makes me laugh. Its a car that would have been considered junk in Japan being sold over here for a fortune. Its the same kind of thing as the Starlet Turbos. How in all honestly can a '92 Starlet with a bonnet vent and a bolt on turbo be worth €6000 even when you know it's more then likely been given dogs abuse ?

I have all ready sourced the basic service parts,the other parts like a new roof is 160 sterling and because this car has such a cult following unusal parts can be sourced
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

sirlinux wrote:
    The starting price on these on the auctions in japan seems to be 500 -> 1000 you could import one yourself fora lot less.

Any idea where to start looking for one of these in Japanese sites. I found this one, but it would still be quite pricey when imported:

http://www.bestjapancar.com/nissan3.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you're interested, I'm sure I saw one in that second hand car place on the N11 just down from Loughlinstown roundabout the other day ... Jim Rock motors, or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

there are loads of them for sale in ireland already imported..i know that one or two of the dealers on the ballymount rd had one or two over the last couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

knife_fighter,

Are you female? I hope so.

I know alot of people talk about hairdressers cars etc, but this time it's true. This is a car to be driven by females.

It is an early 90's Micra with a body made to look cutsie and retro. If you are a man you should not be seen in one of these. If you do want to be seen in something like this... then you should at the very least buy a real classic car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

VeVeX wrote:
    Myself and a friend very nearly bought a '91 Micra Super Turbo a month or so back.

A figero is from what I understand basicly the same car underneath. The Micra super turbo had both a supercharger and a turbocharger thus eliminating most of the turbos 'Lag'. I have seen the engine bay of a figero and the engine is the same bar the top mounted intercooler.

It doesn't come with super turbo's twin charged engine it comes with a older turbo engine from the march(mirca). Think it makes about 70hp.

You are getting leather and aircon in most of them but what the imprters are trying to sell them here is way too much. If you look around you could get alot more car for the money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Paul (MN) wrote:
    knife_fighter,

Are you female? I hope so.
    LOL

I was thinking the Figaro doesn't really fit with the "knife_fighter" monikor!

My missis wants one of these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

I'm going to try out one of the ones here in a garage but way thinking I would import one if I liked it.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any Japanese car exporters I could start by looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

There are a couple in stock with these jap importers:
    www.cars.eu.com
    www.sbmotors.ie
    Silly money so bargain hard (sbmotors.ie have had theirs for a long time)

Advertisement