Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it true about switching your Dsl

• 14-04-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

We have one of the lower end Eircom Dsl packages in the office and I was ringing around today between all the usual suspects about changing our Dsl carrier only to be told there is no way of avoiding down time.Another words unlike cps when you change your voice carrier it is seemless with dsl it takes anywhere from1-2wks and in most cases you have to repay the connection fee. Is all this true ? The worst part is even though we have 6-7mths left on our eircom contract the biddy I was taking today told me that there would be no charge if we where to cancel in the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by cubix
    We have one of the lower end Eircom Dsl packages in the office and I was ringing around today between all the usual suspects about changing our Dsl carrier only to be told there is no way of avoiding down time.Another words unlike cps when you change your voice carrier it is seemless with dsl it takes anywhere from1-2wks and in most cases you have to repay the connection fee. Is all this true ? The worst part is even though we have 6-7mths left on our eircom contract the biddy I was taking today told me that there would be no charge if we where to cancel in the morning.
    Yes, it's true. Comreg have told eircom that they have to implement a procedure to facilitate an immediate switch over, and eircom have, as usual, ignored Comregs instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Have comreg given them any deadline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Middle of last month if I remember rightly. Either way, it's a while ago, it's past the date and comwreck haven't said boo boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

comreg set the standards in Ireland right? Do they themselves have to comply with any EU or International standards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Tried to lodge a complaint/query online last night and today on comreg but when you go to submit it it gives you the error page, will try over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Originally posted by cubix
    Tried to lodge a complaint/query online last night and today on comreg but when you go to submit it it gives you the error page, will try over the weekend

INCREDIBLE you try to lodge an online complaint with the national communications regulator and it doesnt work. Doesnt give much hope for the rest

Advertisement