Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd+r/rw and pioneer

Options
  • 14-04-2004 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I was thinking of picking up a new dell p.c.. I just don't have the time at the mo to build a system. The problem is that dell systems only come with a dvd writer which writes dvd+r/rw but i have the pioneer dcs-313 home cinema system and it says in the manual it plays dvd-r/wr but nothing about dvd+r/rw. This means there is no official support but i was woundering if anyone knows if it plays dvd+r/rw, as buying a new dvd writer seems a waste of money.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Can't you choose to have the PC without the writer? It might be better to get a DVD burner seperately anyway as some cause much less trouble than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

you can probably get a good dual-format burner for the same price as the DVD+R with Dell. Biut you could always get a DVD+R burnt by a friend and test it in the DVD player

In fact, it'd be cheaper to build your own computer, but you mightn't want to do that.

Advertisement