Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 220404 - Satellite Dish!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Gotta be worth a shot for the sake of €100, it'll be better than a bin lid :D
    Hope they have these in my nearest store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I might get one myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Last time they were in lidl a guy suffered a heartattack trying to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

So what xhannels can be got with it? Is it just so you can get the usual terrestrial ones while outside?

Anyway if you picked it up along with this it'd be one hell of a camping trip!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For list of available channels go here

Quite a good price for a DVB receiver, though you'll probably need to buy a seperate 12V transformer if you intend to plug it into mains. No RF loopthru either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

what do you mean by rf loopthru here (pardon my ignorance) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

I bought the Analogue one last year.
    Worked well - but all the stations were all foreign language.

Only English channels I could find were Bloomingberg, CNN and BBC Worldwide.

So I gave the dish away.

Anyone know what Unencrypted English stations can this Digital one get?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

All the bbc channels plus many more that are digital indepth thred on the satellite forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 alan101

can this receiver be connected to your existing sky digital dish to pick up the free to air channels ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

has anyone bought this and tried it yet? can someone post the results on how it works and so forth. thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by bender
    has anyone bought this and tried it yet? can someone post the results on how it works and so forth. thanks
    As the thread title says - 220404 it's not on sale until the 22nd/4/04 - not sure if it goes on sale earlier in other countries

See Also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153864

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

oops .. sorry me mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Anyone have a list of store locations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

all over the Midlands :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

LOL...did ya check out the portable jax!!deffo gettin one a them!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Looks like the website lies. Went to buy one this morning and overheard someone talking about their daughter buying one either earlier in the week or last week. Picked up the brochure for the offers next Thursday and there's a lot more interesting stuff in the brochure than is advertised on the website for next Thursday.

I guess the lesson is to keep visiting Lidl to find out what offers are coming up when??

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Originally posted by mrbongo
    Picked up the brochure for the offers next Thursday and there's a lot more interesting stuff in the brochure than is advertised on the website for next Thursday.
    Mike

What other stuffs they got that's interesting

Looks like the website lies. Went to buy one this morning and overheard someone talking about their daughter buying one either earlier in the week or last week.

Mike

But did you get one or where they al gone. Was it mains as well as 12 volts?
    Sometimes they make mistakes and put stuff out too early - or forget to put stuff out.

>Picked up the brochure for the offers next Thursday and there's a lot more >interesting stuff in the brochure than is advertised on the website for next >Thursday.

Any more info? ta.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Bit of a riot when i got there this morning, needless to say i didnt get one, some members of staff had been "sorting people out" in the queue before opening for the dishes, they were seen and heard and all the people queueing(since 8:30) were not to happy when they got in to be told all the dishes were gone and you needed a ticket. Bit of scam, the manager wouldnt come out to speak to people. Anyone get one fair and square, any hidden lidl's have any left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I arrived at the lidl in togher cork at 8:30, but ther was already a huge queue, and that was after a lot of people had left, as the tickets for the 14 dishes had already been given out :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Went to Edenderry, as I knew it would be mayhem at any of the Dublin Stores. 7 systems on sale, 3rd in queue and got a ticket at the door. €99 later, one camping sat system. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Hmmm, strange. The Parnell St store did not have any dishes, and it wasn't advertised in their brochure for that day, and the dishes were definitely on sale
    either earlier in the week or the previous week. Nobody in the queue was there for satellite dishes, except me, most were there for bbq's.

Hmmm, strange. The Parnell St store did not have any dishes... Nobody in the queue was there for satellite dishes, except me.

You sure it was Lidl (not Aldi) you were at? - I know they were building one there - but I didnt know it was open yet.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

LoL, that'd be funny alright.

mrbongo: Hi, what's the story with the satellite dishes?
    staff: ye wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 I am Spock

Buggah!
    I always miss the good offers from Lidle. There are only ever a few in each store and 99.9% of the time they are snapped up before I even get to hear of the blooming thing. Anyone else offering cheap Sat systems (NON SKY) Have no home phone.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

there was a guy on for sale board selling a nokia digital receiver last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by I am Spock
    Buggah!
    I always miss the good offers from Lidle. There are only ever a few in each store and 99.9% of the time they are snapped up before I even get to hear of the blooming thing.
    Worth checking the website once a week - they have the current offers and the coming offers from Monday and Thursday on the site. Gets updated every Monday and Thursday as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

went to the longford store got up at 7am and arrived at 8am =(
    but was first in queue got me 1 =), it has mains power and gets Free To Air channels bbc's and so on

Advertisement