Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 220404 - Satellite Dish!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

There were only 10 available in the Sligo store. A mate got one, but it was by ticket only and these were given to those who were there early and looking for the dishes. I suppose it's the only way as they had so few, first come first served.

Mick.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by I am Spock
    Buggah!
    I always miss the good offers from Lidle. There are only ever a few in each store and 99.9% of the time they are snapped up before I even get to hear of the blooming thing. Anyone else offering cheap Sat systems (NON SKY) Have no home phone.
    :D

i always find out after also....

their out to get us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 I am Spock

Hmmm, I tried the Nenagh and Shannon branches to no avail. Ok if Lidl can sell these items at this price there must be other places selling such systems for approx the same price. A quick scour of the web produced very little and nothing under 175 euro. That was not even a portable unit. Not that that matters much.

Have any of you out there found a good bargain on similar systems?
    Is it possible to get FTV receiver that does not require a card?

Thanks for any suggestions and responses so far.
    -=Nick.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by I am Spock
    Hmmm, I tried the Nenagh and Shannon branches to no avail. Ok if Lidl can sell these items at this price there must be other places selling such systems for approx the same price. A quick scour of the web produced very little and nothing under 175 euro. That was not even a portable unit. Not that that matters much.

Have any of you out there found a good bargain on similar systems?
    Is it possible to get FTV receiver that does not require a card?

Thanks for any suggestions and responses so far.
    -=Nick.

Well Lidl can do this while others can't because Lidl have thousands of stores all over Europe and when they do a special like this they by hundreds of thousands from the manufacturer, thus getting big discounts that small stores would never get.

From what I was told by others, the dish that came with the satellite is only 40cm which wouldn't really be adequate, you would probably end up spending an extra e75 getting a good 70cm dish anyway, so you would end up paying 175 euro anyway.

Most receivers should be able to pick up the FTA channels without a sky card.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Damn, Aldi! Feck, that explains it .... (face slowly going red) ... doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by bk
    From what I was told by others, the dish that came with the satellite is only 40cm which wouldn't really be adequate, you would probably end up spending an extra e75 getting a good 70cm dish anyway, so you would end up paying 175 euro anyway.

There have been reports of success with this setup on this thread on the satellite board, works fine.

I'll try now tonight. Cant wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by mrbongo
    Damn, Aldi! Feck, that explains it .... (face slowly going red) ... doh!

Excellent!
    /me remembers an incident where I was on time, on O'Connell St., as arranged.. yet I still get a phone call to say I'm outside Pennys (so am I, I thought allowed), except the other guy was in Limerick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On the topic of portable satellite receivers.

A car battery fully charged is about 14V
    On a camping satelite site a good while ago someone oppened up an Amstrad ANALOG receiver , disconnected the PSU (voltages were marked on it) and wired it up to a battery - Of course this won't give you your 18V and not sure it would give .5 22KHz on the 13 volts

so could you just turn the LNB or dish through 90 degrees eg: desired channels on Hotbird require 18V eg: RAI

==================
    Alternative would be a cheap inverter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

can see an irish chainsaw massacre with the next thursday 29th special...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Yeah, but potential victims of the budding chainsaw massacrerer...er...er... would only have to run the length of the power cord to get away since it's an electric chainsaw.
    Does Lidl also have a 220V extension reel long enough if you want to chase potential victims out in the woods or would I be better off joining a bunch of shorter reels together? This could be the new paintball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Its on Offer in the North on Monday ... 75 english pounds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

just been told by a Lidl worker in the North that the Satellite doesnt apply to the Northern Ireland (yet).. :confused:

:(

Advertisement