Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets For Munster v Wasps Match

• 15-04-2004 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi all,
    What are the queues like in Dublin this morning for the match tickets ?
    I heard on the radio that there's 4,000 people outside Thomond Park many of which queued overnight in the rain.
    This morning I rang the Wasps ticket hotline and was informed that they will only sell to Wasps season ticket holders.
    I'm getting worried !!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Tickets don't go on sale in Leinster untill tomorrow, although it's rumoured that the Spar in Donnybrook is selling them already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Some were on sale today.

This is taken from http://www.munsterrugby.ie/newspage/48589.html

Public Sales:

Munster Branch I.R.F.U. 9.30 a.m. Thursday 15th
    Musgrave Park
    Thomond Park

Irish Rugby Football Union 9.30 a.m. Thursday 15th
    No. 62 Lansdowne Road

Ticketmaster 9.30 a.m. Thursday 15th
    Stephens Green Shopping Centre
    & Empire Music Limerick

Leinster Outlets 9.30 a.m. Friday 16th
    Spar Shop Donnybrook
    Spar Shop Bath Avenue
    Active Sport Blackrock Shopping Centre
    Elverys of Suffolk Street and Dawson Street

Just heard that there was 400 people queing outside Lansdowne Road this morning at 8.45AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

All the landsdowne road tickets are now gone. Donnybrook Spar were selling them last night for feck sake.

The whole thing is a fiasco as usual. The IRFU/MB/LB make the FAI look competent.

I got two in cork via "sources" anyway but I am still very pissed at the organisation of this or lack thereof.

And there are still 12500 tickets unaccounted for. Why make fans queue all night in the rain for tickets in this day and age is completely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

i would imagine that the 12500 unaccounted tickets could be for the corporate brigade , who will probably have to ask which team is which. I was at the last match in thomond park , and there was this woman beside me and all she did for the entire match was send text messages to her friends, i felt like tossing her over the wall , a complete waste of a ticket in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Just wasted 2 hours in a queue outside Thomond before being turned away - along with hundreds of other, many had been waiting longer than 2 hours.

So if anyone has a couple of tickets for sale (stand or terrace), please send me a PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I heard the leinster branch had distrib the tickets through the clubs, and that the munster branch were unimpressed by this, they expected dublin based munster lads to have equal oppurtunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Is anyone really surprised :/ fecking irfu muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just wasted 2 hours in a queue outside Thomond before being turned away
    I just spoke to a lad who got 2 tickets at Thomond 30 minutes ago, at 4.00pm

• Advertisement

Spar in Donnybrook have 400 tickets going on sale at 9.00AM. Max of two tickets per person. Cash Only.

I reckon I'll be setting the alarm clock for an early call and take my chances from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Originally posted by BANZAI_RUNNER
    i would imagine that the 12500 unaccounted tickets could be for the corporate brigade , who will probably have to ask which team is which. I was at the last match in thomond park , and there was this woman beside me and all she did for the entire match was send text messages to her friends, i felt like tossing her over the wall , a complete waste of a ticket in my opinion

Yeah people should be booted out for things like this and you should have to produce stubbs from celtic league games to get tickets for ERC games. That would be fairer

I queued for 3 hours since 6.15AM outside Spar on Bath Avenue and finally managed to get a pair of south terrace tickets.

When I left it was looking like a fair few people weren't going to be as lucky as me as there was a large queue behind.

Good luck to everyone else on their quest to see the munster men !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by demac
    I queued for 3 hours since 6.15AM outside Spar on Bath Avenue and finally managed to get a pair of south terrace tickets.

When I left it was looking like a fair few people weren't going to be as lucky as me as there was a large queue behind.

Good luck to everyone else on their quest to see the munster men !!!

I live across the road from that Spar. Got up at 7am, had a look outside the window, saw the queue and realised it was very unlikely i'd get tickets! Love to go as a genuine rugby fan (Leinster!) but part of me feels it would be unfair to deprive a ticket from a diehard Munsterhead....

Hope you enjoy the game....think i'll have to settle for watching it on the box.

p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

A mate of mine was in a Q from 5.30am this morn outside of Active Sport in Blackrock Shopping Centre!! There were around 40 people ahead of him! The guy 1st in the Q had been there since 8pm the night before.

That is Nucking Futs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It's a disgrace. I had a quick look on the Munsterfans site - a lot of angry people, but I don't see any coordinated effort to ensure this doesn't happen next time. Be good to see you guys roll some heads at the branch offices, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

This is unbelievable!!!! No wonder they dont have a stadium!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement