Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Boards

• 15-04-2004 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

This site has a list of most forums on the net with more than 500,000 posts. 609 forums in total. Boards.ie is ranked No. 232.

Boards.ie is beaten by the pop band Hanson at number 28 :eek:

Some statistics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Wow. When you see that the top site has almost 80 million posts, boards's position looks pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Literotica at 18!

woof woof ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Chiquititas
    Hebrew forum for an argentinian soap opera

in 21st position? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Just taught I would check out how boards is going, the site has dropped 7 places :eek:
    Statistics for Boards.ie
    Board name: Boards.ie
    Board URL: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/
    Description: General discussion Irish community
    Board software: vBulletin
    Number of posts: 1973880
    Number of members: 28121
    Post per member ratio: 70
    Posts last week: 24866
    Alexa ranking: 38042

keywords: ireland, off-topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Doctor J wrote:
    uum ill have to check that out later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Interestingly enough only 45% of boards traffic comes from Ireland

http://members.boards.ie/blondie83/c108.png

My home (NTL) and Work access would both show up on any zone-guessing software as coming from Britain. So at least half of that 18.7% from the UK can be attributed to me :D

I'd also say the "others" would have a chunk of "unknown" in there too which could go to Ireland.

Still though. Surprised at the amount of traffic coming from the US. Spiders perhaps? Irish IPs coming up as US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

would utv clicksilver users come up as british as well!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Reckon modem hijack victims are missing too. Wonder what this figure is :eek:

Reckon modem hijack victims are missing too. Wonder what this figure is :eek:
    Minimal, I'd guess. Only 56K users are vnerable, and I'd wager that on the whole people on broadband and corporate pipes would account for a much higher amount of traffic per head than 56K users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

RuggieBear wrote:
    would utv clicksilver users come up as british as well!?

Some of the time I'd say.

I regularly visit a site that has one of those personalised ads that gets location from browser headings, half the time it lists Dublin the other half it is Belfast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

if posts by culchies were taken into consideration boards would be in the top 20 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

seamus wrote:
    I'd also say the "others" would have a chunk of "unknown" in there too which could go to Ireland.
    Dell, Intel, IBM, HP etc tend to have addresses like www.ie.YYYYY.com but end up as presumed to being American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Rabies wrote:
    Statistics for Boards.ie

keywords: ireland, off-topic.

I had to smile at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I think the 2.3% coming from Germany can mostly be apportioned to me browsing boards at work... our net connection goes through germany as far as i know... :p

Advertisement