Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse trails + Flash MX

Options
  • 15-04-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi All....
    lookin for a little help with something here...all suggestions/advice greatly appreciated. Im just teachin myself Flash in me spare time and am just getting into the actionscript side of it. Im following a tutorial on flashkit.com on how to do mouse trails. Its causing me some grief though - in that i cant get it to work.

I create a little image like a circle or star. I convert it to a movie clip and give it the instance name star1. i then add a new layer (actions) and create 3 keyframes in the new layer. then i put in my actionscript-

Frame1:

Start Drag ("Star1", lockcenter)

Frame 2:

Set Variable: "CopyCount" = CopyCount+1
    If (CopyCount>10)
    Set Variable: "CopyCount" = 1
    End If
    Duplicate Movie Clip ("Star1", "Star" & CopyCount, CopyCount)
    Set Property ("Star" & CopyCount, Rotation) = Random(72)

Frame 3:

Go to and Play (2)

when i test the movie, it just doesnt work.
    theres gotta be something im doing wrong...its really starting to wreck my head!
    so the star gets duplicated while its less than 10, and it rotates.
    all help greatly appreciated!

Advertisement