Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renaults being recalled??

Options
  • 15-04-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I've just had a call from Liffey Valley Renault about a Megane Coupe I bought in 2002. They've asked me to bring the car in for a performance upgrade to the engine!!

Is this a sneaky way of telling me there is something wrong with the car?

I asked them what was the real reason and they said that Renault are doing a engine performance upgrade on all renaults. Surely not...

Anyone any more on this, or is my car about to blow up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Possibly some sort of modification to the ECU (similar to "chipping") which might give a slight increase in performance and/or fuel economy. Does sound quite strange though that a manufacturer would be offering to effectively "retro fit" a performance upgrade to your car. Not something I've ever heard of before. However, I'll check it out and post if I find any concrete info.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

On www.theaa.com
    There is something engine related from Feb 2002

Engine Hesitation and Idling
    Probably not that as its 2 years old

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

We ued to get customers in for an upgrade when there was new software available for the ECU which was usually once a year or so.Most times we wait until a service is due and do it on that but if things were slack in the workshop it looked like we were busy;)
    Tis like flashing the bios on a PC.Gets a little bit extra performance for nothing.

Advertisement