Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cure Perform Live In Ireland

Options
  • 15-04-2004 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Yep, they are down for Oxegen. First gig in Ireland for a decade.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Just read this on MCD with mixed emotions.....I will definitely be going now but so unfortunate it will be to see the mighty Cure in a field full of pissed kiddies in Kildare....:(

Next question is, which day is it ??

sorry to be picky but they played here in 1996 on the Swing Tour, which is less than a decade ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

twas predicted many moons ago,sodium my a ul mate.

:D

as was the move festival in manchester,performing with morrissey and new order though on different days!

should liven oxegen up anyway......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I know some people who will be very happy about this.....:D
    And me too, of course. :)
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

thats sealed the deal for me, i'll be getting my ticket as soon i have the money..... asuming i get the money of corse

• Advertisement

Originally posted by buzzerbuckley
    twas predicted many moons ago,sodium my a ul mate.

:D

as was the move festival in manchester,performing with morrissey and new order though on different days!

should liven oxegen up anyway......

I know it was buzzer...I was just hoping aginst hope that it wasnt true and that they'd announce a couple of Olympia or Vicar St. dates later in the year to promote the new album out in June. I prefer seeing them with their own audience rather than at festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Dammit! Now I have to go to Oxegen! :(

they might get such a great reception at oxegen,they will come back in the fall(sounds better than autumn you`d have to agree)?

then you `d have the best of both worlds?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

The Cure - live and in the flesh? Hmmmm wonder if they still do the bad lipstick and nappy hair thing? I would love to see them... Hear them.... And all I got to look forward to is Nickleback - and "no" I am soooo not going to see them :) Way too canuck for my distinctive palate.

Why oh why are all the good bands playing Ireland? *To give me the "want's" to move there!

Oh well ya lucky buggers.... go and tell me "post" all about it :)

ps* But "ha ha ha" on Madonna... You guys can keep Miss Happy-Pants, thanks you very much but I think the world has had enough of her.

Have a great Weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Just listened to the bootleg of their 1989 RDS gig, brought back loads of memories. For those interested, here is a complete anorakism, the setlist:

Plainsong
    Pictures of You
    Closedown
    Kyoto Song
    A night like this
    Last Dance
    Fascintation Street
    Lovesong
    Charlotte Sometimes
    The Walk
    A Forest
    In Between Days
    The Same Deep Water as You
    Prayers for Rain
    Disintegration

Lullaby
    Close to Me
    Lets go to Bed
    Why Cant I Be You?
    Hot Hot Hot
    A Strange Day
    Three Imaginary Boys
    Boys Dont Cry
    Homesick
    Untitled
    Faith

• Advertisement

ok it's confirmed, they are playing the SATURDAY the 10th July. Bowie on the 11th.

that means sodium you will be getting a weekend ticket then??

Advertisement