Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

37th anniversary

• 15-04-2004 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

today in 1967, che guevara was shot dead by bolivian troops.

and now to commemorate a man you know nothing about in a way which would have made him physically sick if he were alive to see it today, you can buy all this trendy gear. while your at it buy a ramones tshirt, even though you have never heard their music and even if you did, you probably wouldnt like it as it isnt RnB.

/end of rant/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

That's great ferdi. Maybe you should relax a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

MAYBE YOU SHOULD **** OFF AND DIE

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

only messing:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

heh, i've always wondered just who the fnuck that dude on the t-shirts was.
    now i know

Someone's taking poor aul che's anniversary a little badly.

It's ok. Let it all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Guevara is a capitalist icon just like Ron McDon.

Talk about people not getting what you're about :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The collage shirt is the worst- hideous! :eek:

pzSHCHG0001.jpg

hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

<rant>
    thats one thing thats always annoyed me...

people wearing che guevara stuff and they havent a baldies who he is or what he did....

My brother got one and I asked him who the guy on the shirt was.... he hadnt a clue and neither did any of his mates but he thought it looked cool and because rage against the machine used this symbol as well.... for all he knew he could have been a banker or a binman...

</rant>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Chè Guevara was a pussy cat compared to
    colmania1.jpg
    Chè Syxpak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by ferdi
    pzSHCHG0001.jpg

hahahaha

That's the one, terrible! An insult! :dunno:

• Advertisement

You're all pussies in Che gear. Real f*ckers who don't give a damn what anyone thinks wear 'W', available soon from Doctor J. :p

www.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

ive heard of him, and am fairly sure he was a freedom fighter in south america somewhere. was he opposing castro or summit.

cmon ferdi if your gonna rant u can at least educate us at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

why is google not working for you of something?

no. google is working fine thanks.

but ya cant bemoan peoples lack of knowledge about a certain subject and then not offer to educate them about it.

so lets hear ferdi's take on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

he didnt appose castro... he was on his side....

some info here: http://www.historyofcuba.com/history/chebio.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Che's granny was Irish too, believe it or not.
    I remember for ages my friend thought Che was the lead singer with rage against the machine..*L* (weve all seen the Rage shirts with Che on em)

My granny was Irish too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That image of Che that everyone is so fond of was done by Irish artist Jim Fitzpatrick too. He made it royalty free, thus the mass commercial exploitation of it. Fitzpatrick also did the artwork on all the Thin Lizzy album covers. nice.

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    no. google is working fine thanks.

but ya cant bemoan peoples lack of knowledge about a certain subject and then not offer to educate them about it.

so lets hear ferdi's take on it.

let me guess, your wearing a che shirt right now?

i couldnt be arsed writing an essay for you as i know your just trying to catch me out, if you were really interested, you'd find out for yourself/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i must agree with you whole-heartedly ferdi, it really does piss me off something fierce to see them wearing t-shirts..... If i have enough spare time I'm gonna go around Temple Bar stopping all the kids wearing Ché T-shirts and doing a pop quiz, i might be arrested, but its a risk I'm willing to take!
    Used to have a Ché t-shirt myself, and I had authority to wear it because I knew about him and what he did, saying that I stopped wearing it ages ago cos I looked like one of those muppets (that and it was faded, ripped and too small).

also on list: people in thin lizzy t-shirts, for the same reasons.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

In fairness folks. Che Guevara is a world renowned figure. How could you :
    1)not of heard of him
    2)not take an interest in finding out the basics with a quick internet search.

Are you happy to be stupid of basic general knowledge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by flogen

Where the hell can I get a Lizzy tshirt? I'm a big fan :)

Originally posted by ferdi
    let me guess, your wearing a che shirt right now?

i couldnt be arsed writing an essay for you as i know your just trying to catch me out, if you were really interested, you'd find out for yourself/

thats the whole point. im not really interested. im mildly interested, because you brought the subject up. im not trying to catch you out, i genuinely didnt know any better than the comment i made above. im better versed in it after reading the page 3rd echelon posted.

but i dont see the point in moaning about how little people know about something and then running away from it when you are asked about it.

thats the whole point. im not really interested. im mildly interested, because you brought the subject up. im not trying to catch you out, i genuinely didnt know any better than the comment i made above. im better versed in it after reading the page 3rd echelon posted.

but i dont see the point in moaning about how little people know about something and then running away from it when you are asked about it.

i dont care that people dont know about Che Guevara.

i do care that people have a picture of him on their clothing and dont know about him, ie the people who saw some gobsheit on mtv wearing one of these shirts and wear one for that reason.

fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

Not giving my opinion on Guevara. And am not asking was it justified or not, but he tortured alot of people. Just thought I'd share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i wonder if the ancestors of the hundreads/thousands he killed would be buying that stuff?

AFAIK, he murdered his way to where he got. infact im positive. Granted he did some good - but he killed alot more good to do it.

I think ill burn my red ché shirt now... actually no, i like the imprint too much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

mental note - read up before posting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yes, It was 35 years ago today that Butch and Sundance were shot by Bolivian troops. Gosh I miss those two brave little criminals.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by flogen
    i must agree with you whole-heartedly ferdi, it really does piss me off something fierce to see them wearing t-shirts..... If i have enough spare time I'm gonna go around Temple Bar stopping all the kids wearing Ché T-shirts and doing a pop quiz, i might be arrested, but its a risk I'm willing to take!
    Used to have a Ché t-shirt myself, and I had authority to wear it because I knew about him and what he did, saying that I stopped wearing it ages ago cos I looked like one of those muppets (that and it was faded, ripped and too small).

Flogen

Get a girlfriend. Or something better to do. If someone sees a t-shirt in a shop and looks at it and goes wow I like this it looks nice do they have to go

"hmmmmmm, now this t-shirt displays the image of some chap who I don't recognise, I better run off and do some research before I buy it, lest some guy with too much time on his hands stops me in the middle of the street and interrogates me about it."

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by Dave
    Get a girlfriend. Or something better to do. If someone sees a t-shirt in a shop and looks at it and goes wow I like this it looks nice do they have to go

"hmmmmmm, now this t-shirt displays the image of some chap who I don't recognise, I better run off and do some research before I buy it, lest some guy with too much time on his hands stops me in the middle of the street and interrogates me about it."

Seriously.

lol you both sort of have points but IMO they cancel each other out into me not caring, let them wear the stupid teeshirt, it makes them cooler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Asok
    Chè Guevara was a pussy cat compared to
    colmania1.jpg
    Chè Syxpak!

That looks like feckin' Bob Marley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Exit
    That looks like feckin' Bob Marley!

Looks more like Aidan 'Master of the Universe' Walsh

With a nasty rash around his mouth :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Redleslie

ive heard of him, and am fairly sure he was a freedom fighter in south america somewhere. was he opposing castro or summit.
    They were mates as long as they were shooting dictators and mafia bastards but they were fiercely competitive. Che sank a particularly tricky birdie putt one day on the 15th and Fidel never got over it, so he had him hunted down and beaten to death with a sand wedge somewhere in Bolivia.

pag88a.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement