Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Shopping Section

Options
  • 15-04-2004 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I run an online shopping site by the name of ArmChair.ie, and I would like to propose a new section about 'Online Shopping' on Boards.ie. My contribution to the section would be information on new stores as the come on line, general shopping news and product information.

Our site aims to promote online stores based in Ireland, and we would like to use this section so that you, the shopper, can swap experiences you have had with such stores.

If you think this is a good idea, please reply to this posting with your views on the section, if we get enough interest the site administrators will help us out.

Thank You,
    David Lenehan.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hi davidlenehan1,

The topic was brought up a couple of times before. I'm not sure what the Admins stance on this is.
    Here are some previous threads
    Link 1
    Link 2

Some companies have a forum here, Komplett, Blackknight and Elara. I think they pay to have a forum on Boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davidlenehan1

Hi Rabies,

Cheers for your reply, Im not sure what the story is with Komplett and the others, we couldnt really afford any commercial space. I just thought that some of the news and info we have on new stores maybe of some use to boards users.

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

David you didn't work in Gateway 2000 back in 1995-6 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

sorry david but i think an online shopping forum would be like a comercial forum for you. Im all for it if your willing to pay for it but right now I think the bargins forum does a great job telling people where the best places to shop are. IMO

Alan

To Gandalf, no i did not work in Gateway in 1995, I was at hme doing my junior cert!

And to alany,
    Cheers for your comment, i understand your concerns but armchair.ie makes very little in the way of cash, certainly not even enough to cover our costs. We are a webdesign company and we have a lot of customers who have online stores and find it hard to market their websites, so the idea of armchair.ie was to create on place where everyone could get listed. We do NOT charge any of the stores on our site any fee to get listed, its free to get listed and free to use.

We also hope it will be of great use to irish shoppers who want to find better deals online, and who want to purchase off irish companies.

anyway,
    cheers for your comments.
    David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

NPS Man thought you were a guy I used to work with.

Good luck with the site :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by davidlenehan1
    Cheers for your comment, i understand your concerns but armchair.ie makes very little in the way of cash, certainly not even enough to cover our costs. We are a webdesign company and we have a lot of customers who have online stores and find it hard to market their websites
    How about talking to your clients, ask them each to chip in for percentage of a commercial board (that would be in your armchair.ie name) and tie it in with an advertising deal (see ad.s in top right corner) with the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

The idea reminds me of the well established Buy4Now website. Which is a very commercial business. I am not clear as too how Armchair.ie would cover it's overheads, if it has no profit motive ?...

However, the concept appeals to me, but I do not really see it taking off if you are considering operating as a non- profit forum.

P. :ninja:

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to set up something like komplett have on boards?

As for by4now.ie?, they are a totally different setup, it is not free to join buy4now.ie and they handle all of their members deliveries and marketing.

Armchair.ie simply lists stores and nothing else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hi David,

I've asked Vexorg to get in touch with you about a commercial interaction forum.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Advertisement