Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting consoles chipped

Options
  • 15-04-2004 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I am interested in getting my xbox,ps2 and gamecube chipped as I have found a cheap source for games abroad. I live in Cork. How easy is it to do this and could it corrupt your consoles. IS there someone in the cork region that can avise /carry out this service. If there is please let me know by p.m.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I just got my ps2 done, I bought a no solder mod chip with swap magic disk set it cost around €50 euro. I have a version 4 ps2 scph3000003 on the back. Its simple installation I recieved two sets but it will only work on version 4 I have all the installation instructions will send it for €40 if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭ice27

thanks for the reply,

I will check the version and revert.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

I'm in Dublin and can do by post but there is a guy on here from Cork..Darkmaster is his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Dont bother getting your gamecube done, you wont get any games for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Unless you just want it to play imports and not for piracy.

I got my PS1 done in gamezone in dublin for €40(50 for the micro ones). Don't know what other consoles they do, but it's worth giving them a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Got my PS2 done by Darkmaster2.
    Very nice i must say, i could in *theory* go into xtra vision and rent games, copy them and play them no problem, but thats illegal and i don't do that.
    Interested in buying an xbox, the crystal ones have the good drive don't they. If i get job soon, i might just do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well if you want it for imports, just buy a freeloader from play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by L5
    Well if you want it for imports, just buy a freeloader from play.com

yeah, freeloader does the trick for the gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If anyone has an xbox no solder chip would they sell it to me. also a ps2 one aswell if you ahev them thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

try these http://www.thechipshop.org.uk/store/

I got my solderless chip off the site and so did a few friends of mine, i ordered on a thursday nite and got it on the monday morning. Ands its 7.50 sterling cheaper than a lot of sites plus delivery isnt much

edit: just checked out site and it says out of stock, they usually get some more asap, so if your interested just email them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good man thanks a lot. Ill check it out

Advertisement