Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nra

Options
  • 15-04-2004 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Forget the IRA. The NRA are the real terrorists in this country. Toll roads my arse.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Yes, I heard on the radio yesterday that they want to put more tolls on the M50! That's just preposterous! They should be doing the very opposite. That bridge needs to be free of tolls and the government should have bought it long ago. We pay enough road taxes already.

The M50 is supposed to bring traffic out of the city and suburban streets. What are more tolls on it supposed to encourage? This is just crazy.

It should have been a 6 lane motorway at least from the very start too. It's just another great Irish ****-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

hear hear

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by IrishRover
    Yes, I heard on the radio yesterday that they want to put more tolls on the M50! That's just preposterous! They should be doing the very opposite. That bridge needs to be free of tolls and the government should have bought it long ago. We pay enough road taxes already.
    if the govt bought the bridge off NTR then how would the govt's friends on the board of NTR earn more money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They also want to levy tolls on existing roads like the Cork Tunnel (we've paid for that once already thankyou!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

Moving sig ? Toll it someone :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jaysus, ireland is now get more under hand than Russia!!

They will fleece us in every possible way they can, what the hell am I paying VRT and road tax for!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mass emigration would stop them, tolls are no good if theres no one to toll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

i think what they are planning makes sense if the tolls are defenitly going to raod upgrades and building of new sooner rather than later and if the tolls end as soon as the roads are complete also they need to make sure that the costs dont get out of control like the fcuking LUAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

Originally posted by bop1977
    if the tolls end as soon as the roads are complete
    that's a very big IF

Advertisement