Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Default zoom when displaying pictures.

Options
  • 15-04-2004 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right, this could be somthing really simple or something unchangeable.

I have a user with a digital camera. He likes to open up pictures on MS Photo Editor. He has a folder full of pictures he's taken off a digital camera, and when he opens them, they display at 25%, which is too small, they should display at 50% (and it would easily fit in the screen). However, new pictures opened directly from the camera's memory open at 50%.
    I know photo editor opens pictures at the maximum res to fit onscreen, so why is it making one set of pictures too small, and another set just the right size?
    The problem is that he has hundreds of pictures and doesn't want to have to adjust the zoom for all of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

http://www.irfanview.com

Tis yer only man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Thanks, but not an option. User is seriously low-tech!

:)

If you set the file asscocitions for Image Files for Infranview it opens image browser straight away. IMO, very low tech!

I get where your coming from though and have to deal with all the time :)

Check the Registry maybe.

Apart from the default options in the UI, theres usually something stored in the reg about what zoom level was last used or whats the defualt- like the way alot of image/gfx editors have a default images folder which is usually "my pictures". This can be edited in the reg if u cant find the option in the UI.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I had a look at that alright....couldn't find anything that looked obviously like it was used for that purpose.

It may just be a glitch - the pictures could be just *barely* larger than the max viewing size, but then, shouldn't all pictures from one camera be the same size? :)

*rack* *rack* *rack*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by 80project
    http://www.irfanview.com

Tis yer only man ;)

one of the best image viewers around, only found it few weeks ago myself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by seamus
    Thanks, but not an option. User is seriously low-tech!
    So is IrfanView! :) (Great app. Been running it for years.)

Originally posted by dahamsta
    So is IrfanView! :) (Great app. Been running it for years.)
    Hehe.
    I got a solution, seriously low-tech at that. "Open a picture, maximize the window, minimize it again, and then open the other pictures. "

His Photo editor was opening almost, but not quite maximized, so the photo was just slightly too big to fit in the window....

Advertisement